Software Amp Question

I just spent the last 20 minutes going through various threads about amps, and while I found some info that clarified some things, I still have some questions.

I have, so far, been plugging my bass into a Focusrite Scarlett Solo (not sure which model, it’s ~5 years old), and just getting a plain clean tone with it. That plugs into my iMac, which has allowed me to simultaneously hear Josh’s videos while also getting a bass sound from my guitar. However, I’m wondering if there are some software based amps that can work with this setup that might be Mac friendly. I’m familiar with GarageBand, but the sound options for amps and such were pretty limited.

While I would love to have a proper amp with effects pedals and the whole nine, I live in a condo currently and would prefer to keep this minimal while still having sound options.

Forgive me if this was covered elsewhere. I honestly did try to locate the answer, but wasn’t able to find it.

If anyone has a link to a YouTube video you’d recommend that walks a newbie through the basics of virtual amplification like this, I’d also really appreciate that. Thanks!

2 Likes

Quick google search:

3 Likes

And our resident thread:

3 Likes