Song 1 - "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd

Very nicely done @stevesilver925 !
:+1:

2 Likes

Thank you Jerry :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you John :+1:

1 Like

Great job!! Thats how I learned to play it also…. Something about that intro that just sets everything up that follows…. Sounded great to me…

Keep On Thimpin’!
Lanny

2 Likes

Bingo! I had to stop myself from learning ABITW part 1 as well, but then saw myself on a course to learn the whole of side 1 :sweat_smile:
The Wall is such an amazing album, it’s tough focusing on a single song!

Thank you, Lanny. Much appreciated.

3 Likes

Totally agree.
I had to give this one a go a while ago…

4 Likes

Wow, that was great. The sliding was excellent! :metal:

2 Likes

Awesome!
I should have done the same thing with “Happiest Days of our Lives”. I’ll go back someday and finish it.

2 Likes

That sounded amazing, John!

2 Likes

Here’s my take on it @stevesilver925…. Not a true cover per the 50 Song Challenge, but this is how I played it with one of the bands I played in awhile back….

10 Likes

That was awesome @Lanny! Thanks for sharing. Also loved you playing on an Ibanez SR500E. I have a SR300E (my first bass), it’s so versatile and a real looker.

2 Likes

Yes @groaner, do it!

2 Likes

That tone is killer, @stevesilver925! Care to tell us (me) a little bit more about how you achieved it? The bass itself is probably a big factor, but what about your strings and the rest of your signal path?

1 Like

Thanks @Mike_NL, I was very pleased with the tone, but it was quite simple. I’m very new at the recording thing, and wasn’t really sure what to pick. So, I ran through the stacks on GarageBand until something sounded right. It only took a couple of minutes. I didn’t even mess with the settings (check the photo).

You’re right about the instrument though, the tone of the Fender P is so rich and boomy. It’s like being given the warmest hug or snuggling in your favourite blanket on a cold winter day. It was the best buying decision I made this year.

2 Likes

A Fender P through a Ampeg B15N. Hmmmm. Hahahaha

About as classic as it gets.

3 Likes

I’ve got some serious learning to do outside of playing hahaha

3 Likes

Just buy a real one @stevesilver925 you know for the ‘authentic’ tone. Treat yourself, it’s Xmas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I dramatically prefer several SVT’s over the B-15, but if you really want an old school mellow P-Bass vibe, then yeah you want a flip-top.

1 Like

I use them both quite a lot. Depends on the music. The VT Bass DI is da bomb for both.

2 Likes

It really is a great preamp. Real tough call between that one and the Vintage Microtubes Ultra for my favorite solid state preamp, and I lean towards the VT Bass DI.

2 Likes