Song 1 - "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd

Nice first up effort @Reo,
couple small things like you mentioned.
One thing was you carried on after the bass part finished its part, i think by 2 bars, no big deal.
You had nice tone and you looked pretty relaxed, didn’t rush anything, that’s really good.
A description of your awesome bass, strings etc could be added on your next one.
I’m glad this challenge has motivated you to have a go, that’s how we all continue to develop. well done :+1:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Great job @gcancella,
love the tone from that bass, you looked really comfortable playing, right in the pocket.
Thanks for getting onboard,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice job @enkhiel, i noticed a tone thing going on for about the first half of the song on the D & A strings mainly.
Thanks for sharing the 5 sting transcription, you looked relaxed playing that black stealthy looking 5ver.
Couple small things as mentioned by @JT, but again that’s how we keep on learning,
thanks for sharing your journey so far,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Great job! You are way too critical of yourself. Give a pat on the back instead. This was very good!

3 Likes

Great job, nice bass, outstanding beard!!

I have the TRBX305 and now I have 5-er envy!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Yeah I noticed that the higher notes have much less signal then the low D, normally I’d expect it physically to be the other way around, no?
I think my bass eq is settled in the mid for bass and treble, so I don’t know.

5 Likes

It’s probably pickup height. Try raising it a little on the G side.

7 Likes

I was so focused on your bass and your fingers that I didn’t even notice you were wearing a kilt :joy: At least, I think you were, right? Totally awesome :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah I do :sweat_smile:
I like the fresh breeze and those are comfy af.
Plan on wearing one for every recording.

6 Likes

Thanks much for the kind words @JT @TNKA36 @Jazzbass19… Appreciate it.

Yeah, when I watched it back, I was surprised by how much I moved around. lol. I’m certainly no dancer. And it’s the only concert shirt I’ll have for this challenge, so I had to use it - I’ve watched too many BassBuzz videos not to… :slight_smile:

I’ll look into it - thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks @JT and @TNKA36, I definitely had a hard time ending the section, just couldn’t get the timing of the last two notes, which then bleeds into the timing for the solo part.
Regarding the bass @TNKA36 it’s a Sterling Sub4, with factory strings (roundwuond), the amp is an acoustic B50C, and I recorded with an iPhone 8

4 Likes

Hi @TNKA36
I have a mac and would be recording using the same tools as you, it sounds like. Any links you can share for reference on garageband, imovie would be appreciated.

PS. I’ll search the forums for links on video recording but if anyone has a pointer that would be great!
Thanks!
John

4 Likes

Really well done. Great shirt too. Love the tone man.

4 Likes

Good job! Remember, when you play the wrong notes, call it ‘jazz’. :joy:

What I did notice is zero fret buzz! Being so out in front of the backing track you could hear you played very clean!

4 Likes

Hi Gecko, @Gecko,
If you go to a link to my covers and go to the site, Bill @Lanny has set a tutorial up on the website that details all the stuff around recording using GB and iMovie.
If you are not sure on anything let me know, happy to help you out :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Appreciate it @John_E

3 Likes

I think it’s great that you put this together @JT. I was probably gonna sign up for Bass Buzz regardless, but seeing this challenge in the forum definitely made it easier to pull the trigger. I’m trying to get through the Hardcore Plan (currently on Module 6, Lesson 3 and I’m at Day 10, so a little ahead) so I don’t have a lot of extra practice/playing time. Also, I haven’t really looked into how to record myself playing so I’ll be a bit delayed on posting myself, but I’ve been trying to practice Another Brick in the Wall when I get a chance.

9 Likes

Great to have you on board. Don’t stress rushing this. There is plenty of time to catch-up or even skip some songs if you want. Totally up to you. It’s all about having fun and learning. And don’t worry about learning recording. It’s not that bad, just takes a but of time to figure out. Lots of people are recording for this for the first time and there are plenty of people around to help. Just shout if you get stuck.

5 Likes

Great job @Mike_NL! You wouldn’t know this was the first time recording with the equipment.
:+1:

3 Likes

Another great cover in this Challenge! I know what you mean about getting OBS and DAI and DAWs to play together. When I first started recording I used OBS but once it was figured out, it became easy to use.
Great job!
:+1:

3 Likes