Song 1 - "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd

Thanks

3 Likes

Yeah, I hear you. I canā€™t sit in an armed chair and play. I should be standing more but itā€™s more comfortable for me to sit.

2 Likes

That is exactly what the old fashioned ā€˜clap boardsā€™ do for movie production.
Now, all digital and they send signals to both sources.

4 Likes

I seems like you nailed on the tone and the performance. Great job! @John_E!
:+1:

4 Likes

Awesome @Retta75! Great job, and love your MM!
You also win ā€˜best light show prizeā€™ for your keyboard!!!

3 Likes

Well done @BigAl !!!
Nothing crappy about this job!
Took me a lot more tries than that to get something to post here.

4 Likes

Thanks, the background music to me sounded crappie. Next time Iā€™ll play more with balances. This all good experience for me to learn. I appreciate the help and positive feedback. Thanks

5 Likes

Awesome job! You were really in the groove there! Bass looked and sounded great too. Even loved that room you are in. Looks like it has a lot of character.

Only very minor thing I noticed was I think you played the solo loop 8x instead of 7x, but thatā€™s no big deal at all. That one is very tricky to nail! Really great job overall! Looking forward to your next one.

4 Likes

Yes you are correct on the 8x. I swore I was at 7 and second guessed myself.

5 Likes

Started learning the song yesterday. Real fun. Howā€™s everyone else doing??

5 Likes

I have a guitar stool. I should try that. Iā€™m just too lazy to bring it upstairs LOL

4 Likes

Iā€™m loving it. Probably wonā€™t record until next weekend though. Really nice having so many people involved.

4 Likes

I bought a couple of bar stools from Amazon a few months ago. Works great, just the right height.

4 Likes

Yeah I got mine from a music shop. Iā€™ll go get it and try using that. Although Iā€™m sure the cats will decide to make it theirs :wink:

2 Likes

Hey, Here is my rendition. I must admit I am not a big Pink Floyd enthusiast. Glad to join in on the challenge. I want to thank @enkhiel for offering the 5 string bass tabs to me and I want to thank @gcancella for helping with the backing track.

18 Likes

Nice job @y.farkash,
great tone from your bass,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice job @akos,
The only very minor thing i picked up was a little fret buzz on the slide up to the 12 fret, but besides that very nice.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hi @Retta75,
Great to see you putting yourself out there and having a go.
There were some mistakes throughout the song, fret buzz, timing, a couple of missed notes etc.
The biggest thing i noticed IMO was the way you pluck the strings, i think if you practice on not trying to smash the strings this will clean your playing up heaps.
I used to do the same thing, and over time i really focused on letting the bass talk on its own rather than trying to make it scream.
I know this will help you improve your playing,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Nice first up effort @BigAl,
I noticed a couple of little areas in the transition from the C to the D on the A string, but besides those it was good.
Love the colour of your bass :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks.:beers:

2 Likes