Song 10 - "With or Without You" by U2

Great Job @JDDaniel…!! Dam man, you’ve come a loooong way!! Even when you might hot a wrong note, you just “Keep On Thumpin’”… Love it!!

3 Likes

Nice job getting back in the saddle @JDDaniel !!
So somewhere mid song you started bobbing your head a bit, and then a little more and more, and even ‘bobbing’ your whole body. And guess what happened? - Your timing got even better!
The beginning of the song felt the tiniest bit rushed and I think it was cause you were nervous/scared of the tune. But once you started feeling the song, it all locked in.

It’s hard (especially trying to record cause nerves take over) sometimes to remember to feel the song and enjoy it. As soon as you started enjoying it, I could hear it in your playing. Even something as simple as this repetitive riff (which, is not simple to keep going for so long btw).
Long story longer - great job, let the music help you make the music!

Can’t wait for your next one.
Love that bass!

2 Likes

Great work (and that is a meaty sound from that Stingray!)

2 Likes

Great job on this @JDDaniel ! That Stingray looks and sounds wicked :metal:

2 Likes

Nice work @JDDaniel ,
The more you got into the song the better you’re groove was, loved the finger work on both hands, sure the mix can improve but all in all, very nicely played ,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Hey all, happy it’s the weekend and I can get some quality bass time in. Here’s my U2 take. It’s a simple one, but still a lot to learn from it and fun to chug along with. 10 down 40 to go!
https://youtu.be/cEQA5B1sUpE

6 Likes

Excellent! Not much else to say!!

3 Likes

This song is now part of my warmup / warm down routine.
Nice cover :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks John!

1 Like

Thanks Barney! I try to keep a lot of these songs in my practice rotation too, this ones definitely good for warming up the right hand and locking in a tempo

1 Like

Great job @dlamson13 ! Nailed it with the tone as well.
:+1:

2 Likes

Nice job @dlamson13 ,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks @JerryP!

Threw in a little extra mid-range on this one.

1 Like

Thanks Brian!

1 Like

Chugga chugga choo choo. Going to take @John_E 's advice from last year (I wish I saw this earlier).

P: 100%, J: 100%, Tone: 25%, running through SansAmp Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig, Flat EQ, Softone Saturation Plugin

:metal:

11 Likes

Fantastic job @RoyB !!
Great playing and great tone, great groove,
keep ‘em coming…

2 Likes

Skimming this thread is pretty interesting. Now I can’t decide if I want to do it the JT way, the big Al way, or the Josh way….

1 Like

Do it the @doylecb way!

1 Like

Great advice! I guess we’re gonna see how I feel tomorrow

1 Like

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/802753375/privacy

2 Likes