Song 11 - "Yellow" by Coldplay

Great job @BigAl

3 Likes

Awesome @John_E . I left a comment on your YT as well.

3 Likes

nice job @Ruknrole

3 Likes

Song 11 already, and as Sandy Denny so beautifully sang ‘Who Knows Where the Time Goes?’

Cheers Amigos

9 Likes

Nice job @Barney ,that p bass is sounding good.

4 Likes

Nice job @Barney
Something sounds off in the chorus tempo wise to me though.

4 Likes

Nice job @Barney. This is one of my favorite Coldplay songs and so far everyone is doing a stellar job covering it.

3 Likes

Good Job , very nice tone from that P bass my friend. :beer::beers:

3 Likes

Thanks @John_E for the feedback. Do you mean the whole chorus tempo or just the first bar. The first bar is definitely off for sure. I was trying to use the sheet music from Josh but change it all onto one string so I could do a big slide. It may have been too ambitious :joy:

4 Likes

First bar is correct to me. What’s after the slide sounds off.

3 Likes

Very nicely played @Barney ,
Cool tone from the P,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Chugging another one out, had some sound issues, a proper set up is overdue, but here it is

5 Likes

Great job @Reo
Something I learned on this one… a thing you may want to do, is leave one note just a hair earlier so you land on the next note on the beat. You are leaving the last note just about on the beat and that gives you no time to move. This will take those little gaps out of the chugging when you are jumping way down or up the fretboard.

Otherwise an excellent job!

3 Likes

Nice tone @Reo ,
I think you did a good job, couple little timing issues from the B up to F# on the E string, also unless you are doing a slide from the B up to the G on the D string it would be more economical to use your index finger instead of sliding up with your ring finger🤔
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

I put a little dirt on this one because I was in the mood for that kind of sound, but I’m not sure it fits the song the best. Anyway guess I get to make the rules since its my cover :slight_smile: here it is!

5 Likes

sounds good!

1 Like

You’re kicking but @dlamson13 !
You are going to fly by me in this challenge in no time.
Great job again.
Loving “The Boiler Room Sessions”

2 Likes

I liked your muddy sound in the mix @dlamson13 ,
Great job,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Thanks @John_E!

Definitely not a race, but if I ever pass you it will be in quantity only, not quality. This has been fun, each song as a goal keeps me moving forward in this happy little bass bunker or mine :laughing:, thanks for listening!

2 Likes

Ya I like going back to them.
Each one teaches something different and very fundamentally useful.

2 Likes