Song 32 - "Roxanne" by The Police

This is not good, I must learn to count. Do you think I need to stop on this and have a month of metronome training? I guess I’ll just move on and come back to this at some point.

3 Likes

Man, Sting is looking jacked in this video lol! The timing is difficult on this. We always want to play on beat 1 as bass players, but he doesn’t do that in the verse (which you do a nice job of), but then getting back to normal in the chorus can be tricky, its like the song switches gears.

2 Likes

Awesome my man. Now two questions. First, If that’s AI Roxanne in your video can you introduce me? :man_shrugging::rofl: And second, are you using a GruvGear Recoil strap?

3 Likes

Hehe, yes, I think he would be pleased with what AI came up with. :slight_smile: Not so sure if he would approve of my playing on this one, but at least I hear what is wrong, so next time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Hehe, she says hi. :slight_smile: Yes, it is this one: Gruvgear David Ellefson Recoil Strap – Thomann Norway (thomannmusic.no)

1 Like

Who cares what her name is? Lolol.

If I have a tube with tricky “first notes” after long dead space for bass and I can’t get it perfect, I cheat by making the original bass track in the DAW super large and zoom in so the tracks scroll by at a good pace to nail the note visually.

For some reason this one felt easy for me. It always amazes me how a tune can be hard for one and easy for others. Wiring I guess.

3 Likes

Overall I thought this was good. Sure a couple misses but the rest was great.

2 Likes

Sweet. Does that mean she and I are dating now? Haha :joy: Yes sir great strap I have the same one I use for my 6 string Ibanez!!

2 Likes

You’re right who cares what the name is :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks @John_E great tip about including the original track, will try that.

1 Like