Song 4 - "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash

Nice job @John_E!
:+1:

3 Likes

Sounded great to me. And totally agree that the simpler something is, the more it highlights imperfections, but I didn’t really pick up on any with your playing.

5 Likes

Great job @John_E… The foam must’ve worked well because the tone sounded great…

6 Likes

Good Job. Sounds good too. I also like the video with person plays on video. :+1: :+1: :beers:

5 Likes

Good work @John_E, sounds really good.

5 Likes

Song 4, 5 months on the Bass and 100% fun learning this. When I grew up, there were only 2 types of records played on the gramophone by my dad in the house. Trad Jazz and Classical. The only exception was (for some inexplicable reason) Johnny Cash. So these songs are hardwired into my brain.
Thanks again for the supportive community and the focus that this challenge has given me. Cheers Amigos.
Oh and sorry to my fans in Cuba, Syria, North Korea, Iran (#blockers)

21 Likes

Good job @barney. Sounds great!

5 Likes

Great job @Barney!
So polished!
Nice change ups and nice dropping it down

7 Likes

Exceptional job. Wonderful playing. Always nice to see people play songs they clearer love. Your version of the song is great. Nice video editing too. Nothing but great things on this video!

4 Likes

Nice job with the song and video @Barney!
:+1:

5 Likes

Great job @John_E,
love the tone you got going on this one :+1:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice job @Barney,
great tone and vocals :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

really nice version @Barney! Great job!

5 Likes

Awesome playing and that bass is GORGEOUS! I also have a sparkly EB MM. They’ve got the market cornered on sparkle finishes :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks. What color is yours?

2 Likes

It’s called charcoal sparkle. It was really a toss up between that and the aqua sparkle.

6 Likes

That is freaking cool.
I prefer the aqua sparkle, but that one is really close in coolness. Love the black hardware on the Stingray’s.
all mine have chrome. I would like to go black, but it is so expensive.
I could get cheaper black tuners and bridge for my Ray4, and just go sideways instead of upgrade them, but IDK, its still a bit of money.

I saw a guy on Offer Up selling a Telecaster conversion to a bass, and he also was an artist, he painted all his hardware, and told me what to use to get it to not scratch off, or offered to do mine for $50.

But now I am thinking, if I can get them painted, why not Orange?

Of course, I would not do this on my EBMM, and would only upgrade to Hipshot, so her in lies the expensive part. It will run about $300 if I add a Drop tuner, which, if I am gonna do it, why not, right.

I wish they offered more with black hardware. There are a couple SBMM Ray34’s with it, but nothing below that, and it is only on the most expensive of the Ray34’s.

1 Like

If for some reason I couldn’t get the charcoal sparkle I would have been just as happy with the aqua. But they only had 5 string in the aqua and I wasn’t really keen on that.

3 Likes

Yeah, I would not have been either.

1 Like

Nice, almost same as mine .I got the short scale version starry night. Very cool. Rock on. You got good taste. :+1::beers:

3 Likes