Song 6 - "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley

Be sure to check out the original version by Big Mama Thornton too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Never heard the original before. Had no idea! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Nice job on beat and tone is really good too, well done.

The video is out of sync - tune in to the upcoming class to fix that!

(insert shameless plug here)

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

All my hours of watching YT are finally paying off! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good job @RoyB ! Nicely done.
:+1:

1 Like

Here is my attempt of “Hound Dog”, was more fun than I thought it would be when I first looked over the list. The king is gone but he is not forgotten
https://youtu.be/hfVcELt2t_U

8 Likes

Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black).

3 Likes

Sounds really great @dlamson13
Great job!

3 Likes

Very well done @dlamson13 !

2 Likes

Great job @dlamson13 ,
Good tone in the the mix and you were right on point,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Bit of Neil Young in there @Barney :joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Definitely a few flubs and I am reminded again to work on technique exercises for my pinky but I really don’t like this song so I’m moving on…

1 Like

6 Likes

Pretty darn nice job @doylecb
You kept a great groove for the most part.
Couple blips and blips but overall very very good.
The final run was a bit off but those things are tricky and require a lot of repetitions to get nailed down in the beginning. It’s totally cool to keep moving ahead.
Make a not for yourself, come back to this song in 2-3 months and I bet you’ll notice the “hard parts” aren’t hard anymore.
Keep up the great work, already see great progress.

4 Likes

Thanks John! That’s great advice to come back to things. I definitely see the benefits of playing even the songs I don’t like as a learning experience so honestly it’s not like I thought any of this was hard I just probably didn’t put in enough time. The time between videos doesn’t necessarily reflect how much time I am practicing the songs it’s just that sometimes life gets in the way but I am definitely planning on moving through all 50! Definitely appreciate you’re always the first one with constructive criticism.

2 Likes

Amen to that.
The journey is the fun part. Enjoy it.

2 Likes

Great job @doylecb ! Keep up the good work!!

1 Like

Great job @doylecb ! When you re-visit the song again you will be rocking it out with some Elvis karate moves :man_dancing: :martial_arts_uniform:

2 Likes

Yeah I will be aiming for my best high classed moves!

2 Likes