Song 6 - "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley

Here’s my submission. Couple blips as normal, but I think it went alright overall. Had the song memorized which helped.

11 Likes

Very nicely done, @JT . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Great job @JT
Only thing I hear is the lack of the rest after the root notes. This is the bit that’s hanging me up a little still (hoping to record today). Should be a bit of a pronounced gap after the root.

Great tone as usual. Well done!

5 Likes

Good point. I was oblivious to the rests. Oops!

3 Likes

They are trickier than one thinks!
They had me messed up a bit as I forgot them at first too then saw others nail them, had to go back and get a different groove.

4 Likes

Here is mine.
This is my Gretsch G5123 Special Edition using a '59 Bassman sim.
Neck 100%, Bridge 30%, about 30% up from bass side of tone control.
I thought the bass fit the tune.

What I am learning in this challange (and in my sax lessons too) is that I do a better job on songs I really like vs. are assigned. One could take this two ways…

1. Only do songs you like (I keep thinking this is the way).
  2. Press on and see if it evens out (heck, only 44 more to go, right?

This song was infinitely easier sitting down, but forced myself to stand, again hoping this evens out over time @PamPurrs!

https://youtu.be/E2GVg3N1Lps

14 Likes

I’m at a very noisy Memorial day event right now, but will listen to it when I get home.

3 Likes

Good Job, Nicely Done. :+1: :+1: :beer:

3 Likes

Great job. I can hear the rests for sure in yours.

3 Likes

Thanks. Had a few flubs though.

Some I left in, some I used to learn the “takes” and looping feature in abelton to fix……shhhhh :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Nice job, it sounds great. I love the hollow body, what kind is it?

As far as standing, once you get used to it, playing is much easier (at least it is for me). Trying to play sitting down is extremely awkward to me, plus I have a hard time keeping the rhythm when sitting.

3 Likes

Thanks Pam!

It’s a Gretsch.
I tried every hollow body out there and love these. This is a G5123. It was a special edition they did for guitar center a couple years ago.

The current one is a 5440 or 5442 in short scale (red). Styling a little different but generally the same.

Crazy good tone and sounds great unplugged for sitting around. So much so that I’m ditching my Acoustic electric.

4 Likes

Tone and plays was nice John @JT ,
There appears to be a little issue with the syncing :thinking:
Other than that very good,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Very nice John @John_E ,
Great tone and right in the groove, good to see you standing :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Yeah. I can’t figure out what is causing the syncing issues. Might be user error and might be the hardware/software. If I sync the beginning of the song, the end of the song goes out of sync and vice-versa. It’s frustrating…

3 Likes

Are you syncing manually or using an automated thing? The slightest bit off on one end will cause the mis-sync more and more over the song.

3 Likes

Syncing with iMovie on an old Mac. I’m new to iMovie though. I could easily be doing something wrong. I have a feeling it might be how I’m cropping things. I’m going to watch some videos on how to do it properly and see if I can make it better next time around.

3 Likes

Good job @John_E. It sounded great! Nice bass!

5 Likes

@JT, I haven’t asked…is that new bass a shortscale? Great job though!!

3 Likes

Great job all…really enjoy watching everyone’s videos (almost as much as I do learning and playing these songs).

I’ve been jammed at work and then on vacation last week but hope to return to contributing asap.

3 Likes