Sore arm

Well I guess I’m done with practice for the day, and I still have my lesson to go :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m working on doing a cover of Breaking the Law which involves a lot of chugging. Well, turns out after a number of play throughs, my arm is now sore and I can feel the muscle fatigue.

So enough for today. It’s always something.

6 Likes

Practice is great. Too, too much practice can be debilitating, as you are now painfully aware.

Rest your arm a goodly amount. Apply heat, ice and Ibuprofen, as necessary. Tomorrow is another day.

Even better, seven tomorrows is another week.

4 Likes

I’ve had a sore fretting arm for about a month. Can’t really play much at all; so watching / reading theory. Very dull. Ho hum, we are still very lucky to have the opportunities we have!

4 Likes

Ugh. I had a real hotspot right in the middle of the shoulder blade on the fretting arm, it lasted a long time. It seems to have dissipated through exercise. It Doesn’t seen fair that just playing can cause pain
It May seem silly, but i actually do some light stretches before practicing now. I love playing, but I’m not gonna suffer for it.

1 Like