Sound stiff or am I just a Bass Bot?

I know that I am just getting back in to the bass. I played it an original band years ago but knew nothing about it and played it like a guitar. I knew nothing about bass technique, skills or theory so really just like a beginner here.

It gets frustrating when playing simple songs like Tush or La Grange by ZZ Top and I sound stiff or like Bass Bot.

I know keep playing and practicing. Just venting.

5 Likes

Don’t let this slow you down. We all go through it. Whenever I learn something new, I always start out sounding like BassBot and Newb Josh rolled into one.

What say you @BassBot? Does it get better?

5 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @bassbot display help.

2 Likes

Not helpful BassBot.

6 Likes

I wish I could play as well as bass bot or neb Josh

6 Likes

Yeah @Bassbot, does it?

3 Likes

:crystal_ball: Concentrate and ask again

2 Likes

Not very helpful indeed :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I think Newb Josh is playing Super Mario with BassBot’s joystick. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

That’s disgusting!

3 Likes

please bring a clear answer, @Bassbot !

1 Like

Can you be a bit clearer, @bassbot?

1 Like

:crystal_ball: Concentrate and ask again

1 Like

Guess we’re not concentrating hard enough :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @bassbot display help.

1 Like

finally someone has to ask : @bassbot display help

1 Like

I currently know how to do the following things:

@bassbot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@bassbot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@bassbot quote

:left_speech_bubble: There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting. — Buddha

@bassbot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

@bassbot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. — Harriet Tubman

2 Likes

I didn’t know we had a Bassbot.

So… I want to know if I will be rich and famous, and eventually take the “weekend bar classic rock cover band” genre by storm.

@bassbot fortune

2 Likes