Soundbrenner Pulse

Thanks for the review Pam. Too bad it turned out like it did.

2 Likes

Yep, big bummer. I was looking for ward to it being a good way to use a silent metronome.
Oh well.

1 Like

Oh you can feel it alright, even when you have the amp cranked up. It does work when it works. I just couldn’t get it to work the way I want it to work.

2 Likes

@t_dub I would encourage you to use your Amazon library card and give it a try. It might work for you. It does work, I just couldn’t get it to work properly with my phone. I think it’s more designed for iPhones.

1 Like

I think I am going to use the Amazon Library card to check out a new DAI.
The U-22 I have works great, but it lacks a key feature that I sort of need with my HOT pickups on the StingRays. The input which is XLR / 1/4 / HI-Z. This means that the input has a Pre-Amp, which is great for vocals, and passive instruments that plug directly in.
if you run an effects chain prior to going into the input, or have an Active bass, or extremely hot pick ups, you want a DIRECT lINE in, which does not have a Pre-Amp, and passes thru to the DAI.
Many that have the DUAL PURPOSE inputs have an INSTRUMENT switch that will turn the pre-amp off.
This input has it basically turned on all the time, if the HI-Z had a switch to turn off it would be better for me.
I can use it, but I can only turn the gain up to about 2 for my input.
So, I am going to try a new DAI here pretty soon, one that has a dedicated instrument input and a Hi-Z switch on it. I think of the Hi-Z like a Passive / Active switch for this imput

1 Like

That won’t turn the pre-amp off. The preamp isn’t the problem here if it’s hot pickups, the only difference is input impedance. Hi-Z switches only change input impedance.

2 Likes

So yeah, everything I said in post applies, but change pre-amp to impedance.
and The dedicated instrument does not have a pre-amp, and the Hi-Z changed impedance.

2 Likes