Speaking of pet pictures

Horse is clearly saying “I’m Poppy”

6 Likes

Our doggie tore her ACL. Hopping on 3 legs for the time being. The vet right away pushed surgery. She just had surgery last Nov to remove a tumor. The recovery was long, her cut kept getting opened and would not heal.

After googling and researching a bit, and since she appears to not be in pain, we opted for trying to let her heal naturally. It could take 4 to 6 months. We are 8 weeks in and she is starting to slowly put her leg down so it’s a good sign. It’s a lot of hard work getting her to just rest (not hop around and run and want to play). She has to be under constant supervision.

Here she is recovering, looking out, probably wanting to be out there running around instead. I bribe her with bones instead! :wink:

16 Likes

Here’s hoping for a full recovery!! :dog:

6 Likes

@PamPurrs - didn’t you have something similar happen last year with your dog and you opted against surgery with positive results?

6 Likes

My dog Lucy went through something similar. We opted out of expensive and painful surgery, and instead chose to let her heal naturally with vitamins. It worked!
Here’s hoping for a full recovery for your fur child.

7 Likes

Yes.

5 Likes

That’s good to hear @PamPurrs ! Glad your dog recovered! We have her on daily dose of Cosequin. What vitamins did you give your dog?

5 Likes

Dinovite nutritional supplement and fish oil. We just mix it in with her food. It works wonders.

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll look into the vits!

4 Likes

This is Austin. He’s also a bass player lol

20 Likes

Oh no! Hope she recovers well. I’d want to try the no-surgery approach too.

7 Likes

Thanks all for the recovery wishes!
It appears the biggest problem with a torn ACL is that about 50% of dogs that blow one knee end up blowing the other because they put all the pressure on the good one. If that happens it would pretty much be game over, so we are being very strict with the rest routine. No jumping, no running, no playing the neighbors dog, and no off leash. She’s bored to death but it’s necessary.

8 Likes

Rescue number 2 inbound on Friday!
Another Brumby from the same place but a young gelding this time.
Tacho as he is named is a 3 year old who has been passed from pillar to post.
I guess I was never destined to be rich :flushed:

13 Likes

Seems to me you’re rich in more important ways than cash :slight_smile:

10 Likes

He looks not amused :laughing:

6 Likes

Important question. Did you get the dog to match the bass or vice versa?

7 Likes

Does the breed of the dog effect the tone of the bass?

6 Likes

Just arrived home with the latest addition, Tacho the Kosciusko brumby.
Poor little bugger is a bag of bones and has a few bad sores :confused:
Onwards and upwards from now on little man

8 Likes

Good on you, @Mac - thanks for being there for animals in need!

If only I knew what a “Kusciusko brumby” was :rofl:

7 Likes

It’s basically a wild horse from the Kosciusko national park .
There’s a bit of contention about their status here as some people see them as feral but as they’ve been in the wild since or shortly after the Europeans came to Australia I and many others see them as wild

8 Likes