Storing Picks

I’m guessing you take the bill over to your local music store and have them convert it into some picks.

4 Likes

I just cut up the corners of the credit cards, they are all maxed out buying music gear any way!

6 Likes

LOL @kerushlow

4 Likes

I have a bag of 6 picks, never been opened. I’m thinking it might be a collectors item someday… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

In my old band as guitarist I literally stopped buying picks and learned to play with folded playing cards instead.

Was easier and cheaper to go through a 32 card deck (yes, skat is the more common deck in the EU, not poker) than through 5 picks.

6 Likes

Not in Portugal! Never even heard of 32 cards decks :joy:. Always learning…
We use the Bridge ones that have the “traditional” 52 + jokers

5 Likes

Oh, it’s even more local? Okay. Didn’t know.

This here is a “normal” Skat deck to us Germans. Including the “french (style) images”.

4 Likes

Local to you or for me?
If it’s for me, not at all. We use the international standard. AFAIK we don’t have a local variation.

Poker decks, for me is just a different size and larger numbers/letters for easy peaking. Everything else (the suits, number of cards) is the same.

3 Likes

For me. Even more local than EU, maybe Germany/France or something like that.
“A deck of cards” in Germany is most likely, not for sure, aforementioned Skat deck.

4 Likes

Do you want someone to break your window & steal your pick?! lol

For me I actually have a small jewelry closet box thing a girl gifted me which had this slide out drawer compartment for storing rings which have these slots that I slide the picks into on top of my bar counter for when I need one. Sort of like this one.

I use the chest for short tabletop guitar cables inside the doors where the necklaces go though.

It’s a neat piece of furniture in here. It has a mirror too for when I open it & see how badly I need to brush the bed out my head after 3 days worth of studio time. :exploding_head:

7 Likes

Yeah, pretty sure Skat decks are a German thing. I had never heard of them before either.

4 Likes

Ugraded from my windowpane/loose baggy storage, everything’s really coming together now –

IMG_1520

11 Likes

I’m waiting for mine! Now I’m regretting not getting the 3 rows one

3 Likes

@JerryP That’s how I store mine!

By any chance are those blucoil?

2 Likes

@bjams I like that case. Where’d you get it?

2 Likes

I bought one from Aliexpress for less than 5 bucks with shipping

2 Likes

What is the product called so I can search for it?

1 Like

This was the one I bought

Here’s another with more options including the above and one with 3 rows similar to bjams’

Browse the related products, you may find some that are shipped from the US

2 Likes

No, just an assortment of Fender picks I got from Amazon.

1 Like

@PamPurrs just the cheapest one I could find on Amazon :slight_smile:

Now I have 2 extras that I don’t know what to do with. Maybe I’ll take up sewing. Or start taking a lot of vitamins.

2 Likes