Tab resources?

I personally thought songsterr to be pretty reliable and with a really nice interface. Unfortunately 99% of the features are not available without a subscription.

I think with most tab sites you have to look for the ratings and comments if there are some. If you think it sounds weird compared to the original in my experience it is either wrong or boiled down to make it easier.

6 Likes

As @juli0r says, Songsterr is pretty good but as its all user submissions some are a little bit off. I paid for the subscription, you can slow the track down and stuff that way. It’s not great if you’re looking for more obscure stuff though.

5 Likes

@JoshFossgreen do you have thoughts here?

2 Likes

Oh since you mention Josh… It is a limited selection of 50 but these tabs are correct: 50 Songs for B2B - Upgraded and Digital 🤖

4 Likes

Has anyone tried The Bassment for tabs?

2 Likes

In my experience - no. Any site with user submissions (including Songsterr) is gonna be unreliable.

The problem is that even is a site has 80% accurate tabs, as a beginner you’re not gonna be able to evaluate whether you’re seeing the 80% or the 20%, so you need a resource where the bar is higher.

Besides sticking to the trusty B2B song pack, buying printed books is generally a better way to go. I still find errors in major publishers books, but they’re usually minutia that don’t matter that much, unlike the online tabs that might just be totally off-base / off-bass. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Well poop. Thanks!

6 Likes

Hi @rae_kristine,
What type of music are you into?
I have some music charted that you can convert to tab ?
I can put tab on them ?
I know they are accurate.
Brian

5 Likes

Personally, I would rather trust “My” ear than the ears of others, however, I do trust sheet music which is what I typically use. If I cannot find bass lines for what I want to play to, I will purchase the sheet music for guitar and/or piano, purchase the recording, and build my bass lines from that… Actually, it’s a great way to expand on musical notation… Kinda fun,… and satisfying…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

9 Likes

I’m with @Lanny on this one. A bit of a challenge sometime, but worth it when you do it yourself. :grinning:

8 Likes

@TNKA36 Alice In Chains, Duran Duran, Jane’s Addiction, funk…

6 Likes

Hi @rae_kristine,
I love Alice in chains, unfortunately I don’t have any charted.
Do you like concrete blonde?

2 Likes

@TNKA36 not so much…

2 Likes

Hi @rae_kristine,
Not sure how advanced you are in your bass knowledge,
I have just put tabs on this song by concrete blonde music as an example.
Have a listen and see what you think, it is pretty easy just need good feel.
Let me know
Cheers

4 Likes

Hi @Mac,
Do you understand the tabs, first time I have done it?
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Hi @JoshFossgreen,

I have just put tabs on this, do you think it’s accurate?

3 Likes

Is there a particular publisher of printed materials that you recommend? The tactile experience of books appeals to me.

3 Likes

@rae_kristine

As has been said, most aren’t brilliant. I’ve scoured a few and the most successful one i’ve found is Ultimate Guitar Tabs. But there’s a few caveats here - 1) You need to pay for it to get the most out of it (it’s not much), and 2) The particular tab you want needs to have an “official” tab for it (which is generated by lots of people requesting it), which is good as it has more options like slowing/speeding it up or down, selecting and isolating each instrument, metronome, solo options for each instrument, fingerboard display in real time etc.

There’s definitely room for improvement with it, but it’s the best I’ve found so far.

If you’re after funk ones, please let me know, as I mainly play funk and have searched HIGH AND LOW for the damn things, so I might have some to hand for you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve used Ultimate Guitar Tabs as well and yes it has it’s shortcomings. I got around that by re-copying the tab and making corrections using a program called TuxGuitar for generating tabs.

4 Likes

@juli0r I bought the Songster app for my phone and it was under £5. I just love it.
Jamie

3 Likes