Talk Strings with Me!

I think it’s really cool when we step out of our comfort zones every now and then, and stick our toe into unfamiliar waters.

2 Likes

That would totally be what I would be doing, but basically: You could just throw them away. A shame, yes. But you won’t ever use them.

1 Like

Another thing to consider is whether your strings have a round core or hex core. In my opinion, this is what affects the feel of the strings the most. I personally only like to play with round core strings.

1 Like

I am so proud :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah. Unless you break a G string, which I guess could happen but is unlikely.

1 Like

I got these GHS BEAD strings today, and put them on the ESP. They sound great right out of the gate, but I have yet to actually play anything on them.
That 130 B string is a monster though, and is going to take some getting used to.

4 Likes

Interesting. My B string on my GHS BEAD is 125

1 Like

Yeah, you got the medium light, mine is Medium 65-130.

I’m wondering if I should have ordered the medium light :thinking:

.130 is the smallest B string I would consider :rofl:

.130 or .135 are all I have used.

1 Like

oh no, GBOSH - go big or stay home

2 Likes

Never heard of that tuning … :thinking:

3 Likes

8 Likes

This is way cool - cello strings

5 Likes

Cool and extravagant.
Cello strings cost a small fortune!

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

D’Addario makes these:

steel core, polished smooth. $140 a set.

1 Like

Pshaw! Mere chump change.

2 Likes

I have Fender Flats on my Jazz. Love them but wanted to try either LaBella LTF’s or TI Jazz Flats. Sweetwater was really backordered on the LaBella’s so I took the plunge and ordered the TI Flats. I love mellow thump, thump, thump and hope these will give me that sound. I am moving EB Slinkies off my LTD and replacing them with D’Addario 45-100. Hopefully they are a step up from the EB Slinky’s that are currently on it. Nothing wrong with the EB’s just checking other options. My question is, will the TI’s be a step up from the Fenders? I love my Fenders but just wanted to try a really good flat.

1 Like

I think they are - at least I prefer D’Addario EXL’s to EB Super Slinkys.

1 Like

These puppies are silver.
Thomastik Spirocore silver.
About 100 per string.
:money_mouth_face:

Maybe I can nab the castoffs when it’s time to change

1 Like