The Chicken. A beginner's journey

The Chicken Day Five

I tried to get all the way through the song today but it is my stamina that is starting to fail and it started to fall to pieces so I pulled the plug.

Please let me know if I am improving

6 Likes

Haha, well, all you really need to do to answer this question is to take a look at your Day 1 video!!! Way to go!!

3 Likes

Dude! Absolutely, youā€™re improving. Sounds like itā€™s coming along really well. :+1:

1 Like

You are definitely improving each time. This is because you are on a mission and practicing with purpose and intent. You also have added just the right amount of drive and (self-imposed) peer pressure into the mix through this thread. Youā€™ve put your brain in the right state to maximize learning. Keep it up! Itā€™s a great example.

4 Likes

Look at the flying fingers though. Gotta sort that out

Mine are similar. Have a feeling that is a long-term thing to sort out, by really focusing on it. Gotta re-train those muscles.

BTW, just noticed your shirt. Assuming it is from something in Brighton. I live just outside Brighton myself.

1 Like

I am doing finger exercises every day as part of my practice and I am consciously trying to restrict my fingers when I play.
Ah, that T-shirt was from the 2000 London to Brighton VW Run in our old camper van
Those were the days

2 Likes

I am still working on this however I have just started a 30 day Classic Rock Challenge which is taking up some of my time plus a gentleman I am a carer for has just had a stroke and is in intensive care. I cannot visit him but I am trying to sort his flat out for when he comes home.

3 Likes

So, what does that entail??

Andā€¦ thanks for being there for others, particularly and especially in this situation!

2 Likes

It is a thing they are running over on ebassguitar.
It is 30 days of recorded and live lessons and you have to submit videos and a written practice log to show you are doing the work. Etc
There is a corresponding Facebook group where the students can help each other and post videos.
Should be fun
I care for two people.(unpaid). My mother in law has Alzheimerā€™s and we have to do most things for her. Plus an old guy across the road. I started off by doing his shopping and now have to do everything for him.
Bass is an escape

3 Likes

You guys write the date DD/MM/YYYY typically?
I had to re-read that a couple times, cuz my mind registered it as July 4, 2020, and thought you possibly had a time machineā€¦

Cool challenge BTW, nice progress

2 Likes

Dunno about there, but dates here are YYYY/MM/DD. 2020/04/07.

2 Likes

I mean, on almost any device with a GUI, it asks how you want to display the date, but default in Merica is dd/mm/yy or yyyy
Thatā€™s usually how they are online when inputting data, but again, it could be filtered thru the settings for the display??
It is interesting however how the mind gets trained to view things, because I was sure it was a typo at first and second glance. Then I thought it may be a nationality thing, checked the profile and saw UK. Curious minds want to know. LoLšŸ˜‚

If I recall right, they are trying to get the world to change to YYYY/MM/DD as an ISO standard. In most of Europe it is DD/MM/YYYY, which of course is close, but the reverse. Both of these are logical as they go from small units to big units or big to small. The American one doesnā€™t make any sense really as it goes MM/DD/YYYY, which is Med/Small/Large. And I say this as an American. Iā€™m in the UK now and they also use metric for everything, except still use MPH on roads. Strange. Anyway, sorry to derail the thread. :upside_down_face:

Last thing, then back on topic.
If asked my birthday, I say Jan 22 nd.
Not the 22nd day of Jan. Thatā€™s why it makes sense to me.
But, I use metric a lot and I like the units. But broken down to decimals, metric and imperial are all the same. Mathematically, I am happy with either, but I know most typical Americans are not.

Til they (we) are talking about their 9mmā€™s :crazy_face:

3 Likes