The Official BassBuzz Food Thread

You don’t look very Filipino, lol.

Yeah. I’m a little bigger than most Filipinos. This is me and my mom a few years ago.

4 Likes

Nah, just a little, lol.

2 Likes

There’s a dish that looks very similar to this in Japan and it is one of my faves. It’s made from rice vermicelli and a lot of the other stuff you would see in pancit.

Chicken adobo is fantastic and of course lumpias are too. Great looking mom-food :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is the 1st time I try Thai Sweet and Sour Chicken. I like it much better than the Chinese version.

3 Likes

The pineapples are so good

1 Like

yeah because of the chili, yum!

1 Like

Yes they were nice and ripe and sweet!

1 Like

That and the chicken is not battered.

1 Like

Decided to go on a Döner Kebab food crawl. Found eight places in Shibuya. Ate at three (and that’s a lot of kebab). All places run by Turkish expats. One, a family place that happened to be busy making a bunch of off-menu dishes for another Turkish family that was visiting, had the best kebab I have ever had, anywhere:

That homemade flatbread was so damn good.

Finished up at this new deep dish pizza place that was super solid too.

5 Likes

Some nice gas bubbles in that crust and a tiny bit of cheese frico. It kinda resembles a Sicilian slice if you ask me.

1 Like

mmmm kebabs :yum:

actually i’m a total sucker for all the burger adjacent foods. tortas, cemitas, vada pav, gyros, jibaritos, chivito, pepitos, etc etc.

2 Likes

Yeah Gyros/Souvlaki - personal favorite. And of course tortas.

The best one I’ve ever had was in Tunisia. They serve it loaded up with grilled lamb, onions, tomatoes, harissa paste and french fries (shoved into the kebab as a topping).

1 Like

I’ve seen places do the fries thing. And harissa of course. I’d love lamb in them of course too.

Most places around here will also do the sandwiches like Iskender with something like harissa and yogurt. Some places have straight up Iskender too of course. Iskender kebab, now you’re talking a serious meal.

Had to go back to the pizza place again today. I approve :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s so cheezy, lol. I love lamb I’m not a big fan of some of the spice rub on the authentic ones though, lol. I’m so American now, haha.

3 Likes

A friend of mine (which has unfortunately passed) used to rave about Louisiana Gold hot sauce. He came to mind the other day, and since I wanted to break up the routine from my usual go to’s, ordered a couple flavors online.

As you can see from the picture, I prefer the green one!

3 Likes

I’m green team too!

2 Likes

Me Three! The red one was quite sharp, lol.

2 Likes

Yeah! And I think it’s (the red one) saltier too. At least to my tastebuds…

2 Likes