The Quiet One

Great documentary on Hulu about The Rolling Stones bassist, Bill Wyman. It was so good, I watched it twice.
Wyman is one of my favorite bass players of all time.

9 Likes

This one?
https://youtu.be/q19SZWZFo0g

4 Likes

oooh i’m going to watch this tonight. :+1:

2 Likes

Yes. I didn’t realize it was on YouTube also.

2 Likes

Watched it (a little yesterday and just finished the rest today - in between work calls). Great video! Amazing to be that successful and still so humble. Thanks @PamPurrs for bringing it up and @Mike_NL for posting the YT clip.

PS - Yet another reason why I love the Blues! There is a line from one of my favorite (guitar playing) artists Tab Benoit who sings the song “The Blues is Here to Stay” which says…
“…What would this world be without BB King, Without Bobby Blue Bland doin his thing, Without T Bone Walker and Howl’in Wolf, Without Bessie and Big Mama strutt’in thier stuff. There’d be no Elvis no Jerry Lee. A young Eric Clapton would have never crossed the sea, Without old Light’in, Jimmy Reed, Muddy Waters to grow up on, Hey the Beatles and the Stones they’d have never left home, no no….”

4 Likes

“The Quiet One” is a fantastic documentary.

Bill Wyman was to bass what Charlie Watts was to drums: stoic, no-nonsense, brutally efficient, and equally tasty musicians.

Together, they were a dream rhythm section, and as much lightning-in-a-bottle as Mick and Keith were the bad-boy/rocker showmen.

The documentary tells the complete history of The Rolling Stones through Wyman’s vast archive of personal photographs and films, many never before seen. Highly recommended for rock ‘n’ roll fans.

2 Likes

Man, i loved that documentary. It was huge. Talk about an in the pocket player. He knew that not playing was as important as playing. If I’m ever a tenth the bass player he was, I’d be happy with that.

3 Likes

Now if we could only get a documentary on jackson c. Frank. Not so prolific, his catalogue isn’t huge-but that guy really had it.

2 Likes