The Ugly Duckling/Freak Thread

Even I wouldn’t buy this . LOL

7 Likes

I love Ibanez, I love the SR’s, I love nonstandard basses, and there is still no way I would even for a moment consider this freaky thing.

5 Likes
2 Likes

That thing is fuuuug-ly.

2 Likes

Aluminum foil is not a finish.

2 Likes

$300 bass with free shipping. “Here, take it”

2 Likes

I dunno man…I think he forgot a decimal. $31.50 seems more appropiate.

3 Likes

ToneFoil ™️

8 Likes

Going back to the fretless/fretted Ibanez, I think it’s pretty cool. I wouldn’t turn it away, and if I had funds, I’d consider buying one.

The color/pattern/whatever on the body leaves a bit to be desired, but other than that, it’s pretty rad.

2 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

we should start a thread for ridiculous stuff on reverb. this is seriously stupid (good condition? $2300 bux, are you frigging kidding me?!!?). and also the only bongo i will ever call ugly :rofl:

4 Likes

I like the pickup configuration. Otherwise, that thing has been seriously abused. Definitely not good condition.

It looks like someone angry went at it with a screwdriver.

In the description they talk about the damage may have been done to increase resonance. :rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

The pet woodpecker got a hold of that bass! :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s not the only Bongo I’ll call ugly, ‘cause they’re all ugly to me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How’s this for ugly? I just converted a Yamaha 3/4 size 6-stringer into a tenor guitar…

So yeah… it ain’t pretty… but at least now I’ll play it. :grinning:

5 Likes

Or for fans of Psychoville it could have belonged to Mr Jelly?

2 Likes

@Korrigan she may not be the prettiest girl at the ball but I have to admire your resourcefulness! I would play that bass.

How does she sound?

He has testimonials! :rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

What is it tuned to?

1 Like

It’s a spin off series @eric.kiser from the guys who made The League of Gentlemen.

They’re four guys and they play all the twisted oddball characters in a small town. Male and female. It’s pretty out there :sunglasses:

3 Likes