Thought-provoking songs on life, society, and the world

[Lyrics deleted because of political content!]

2 Likes

@chris_van_hoven

No politics, no religion. Deal?

2 Likes

This one needs to be chewed through an entire evening. This song is damn good… :anguished:

Deal! But than we cannot post anything about the topic: “SONGS BEING A CRITICISM ON LIFE, SOCIETY, AND THE WORLD” :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeaa, you’re all right. This topic is getting tough :sweat_smile:
Never seen music going THIS deep. After all, I can say I was only on the top of an infinitely deep ice Berg. Wow. Thanks to everyone.

We can always post about “Weltschmerz” (one of the best German words)!?

1 Like

You wouldn’t think it, but Babymetal are political more times than not.

There’s a lot of social commentary with this song, which just seems gimmicky on the surface. They lyrics and choreography are reflecting the pressure girls feel to maintain a certain body image by society. “I want a bit of chocolate but my weight worries me these days”; with none of them breaking 90 pounds.

But the song is really a statement against giri choco, obligation chocolate. On Valentine’s Day, girls and women are pressured to gift chocolate to all the men they know/in their office. It’s a much hated tradition.

In the video for Gimme Choco, the girls aren’t giving away chocolate, they’re eating it. The song was released for Valentine’s Day. On Valentine’s Day this year, Babymetal launched a Gimme Choco Dance Challenge on Tik Tok. Still fighting the good fight.

Alba, aka Omajination, and her submission

2 Likes

This one is one of the best songs about the beauty of love; a shining piece of Chester Bennington’s (R.I.P. :cry:) legendary voice:

(insert any song from the Rage Against the Machine catalogue here)

3 Likes

Yeah. I am constantly holding back here as it’s like most of my music catalogue :rofl:

4 Likes

Remember: “no politics, no religion!” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s an oldie

1 Like

Yeah, well, ok. Going to limit you a bit on Consolidated though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My English is not good enough to understand the lyrics. I came for the music ^^

3 Likes

Even back in the day I absolutely cracked up at the title of “The Sexual Politics of Meat” :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately I cannot comment on that one due to forum rules ^^

3 Likes

Barclay James Harvest Child of the Universe. Every time I hear this, it almost makes me weep. Change the names of the wars and nothing else has changed.

On a more personal note Fleetwood Mac’s Man of The World always resonates, I’ve done the travelling, and can keep you amused with some of the stories…sadly this song is just me. But I don’t quite reach the low of "wish I’d never been born " but i could see how easy it would be to end up there.

2 Likes

I did this cover and included the lyrics, just touches something inside, about dealing with loss.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Yay, I can stay non-political and non-religious. Hallelujaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

2 Likes

This all day long, it could be how a person lifted you, how your child changed you or even how a dog makes you feel. It’s sublime

2 Likes