Upgrade for the Zoom

You’re not wrong there! I ordered a new carb for my Harley via EBay. The business address was in New York and it wasn’t until I received the shipping details that I found out it was coming from China . I wasn’t happy

1 Like

Just wondered what you guys thought of the boss multi effects pedals

I see a lot of people talking about the zoom but not the boss multi effects pedals.

1 Like

Actually I think they look great, @joergkutter has one, but it’s not really an upgrade for the Zoom (at least the B3n), it’s more of a sidegrade.

Slap hero F-Chopper Koga apparently likes it a lot, and is a Roland spokesperson for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ahaMOMIDpc

Nice Vellmor she is rocking there too.

3 Likes

Yes, I do indeed… but, AFAIK, there should be a few others in here who also own it.

It is a nice multi-effects board for bass. I can’t compare it to the Zoom as I only ever owned the GT-1B. It has OK effects and possibilities, there are a few smaller design flaws with the interface where there could be more freely assignable effects per patch, and I would say it gears a bit more towards overdriven and distorted sounds than to more neutral, clean sounds (but both are of course possible). Some effects I find noisy, but they are probably also noisy in a hardware (pedal) version.

Would I buy this again today? I honestly don’t know. For one, I know much more about other options now than I did then. Also, many of us are embarking (at some point) on this meandering journey to explore sound, find out what is interesting and what is not, find out which sounds are what you look for more than others, get a better feel for what affects and shapes sound etc. Thus, some of us might end up with very different choices after a good trip on such a journey - either all individual pedal-based effects, more sophisticated multi-effects boards, or entirely relying on plug-ins and so forth.

I have used the GT-1B to good effect in the rehearsal room, but I will probably sell it at some point in the not too distant future and try something else. What exactly, I am not totally sure yet :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

cough HX Stomp cough :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks guys for responses.

3 Likes

If you like Boss and multi-effects pedal then the GT1000 Core is a good option too. If it would include the new OC-5 octave pedal then I would be tempted too…

2 Likes

It’s basically a smaller version of the GT1000, right?

1 Like

Yep, just like the HX Stomp is the little brother of the Helix Floor/LT! I was looking into the GT-1000 Bass Collection presets and they sound really good.

3 Likes

What do you guys think of the hx stomp?

3 Likes

It’s what I would be taking a look at if I were looking for a multieffector.

That and a NeuralDSP Quad Cortex, if I suddenly had $1500 to blow on a pedal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ye it might be the way to go when I get to that stage. If iv got that kind of money to spare when the time comes.

1 Like

Best unit I ever bought. I actually went with the stomp to prevent myself going overboard with buying analog pedals for every possible effect. Turns out the stomp works REALLY well with bass. I would easily say it’s one of the best multi-fx units you can buy for bass at this moment. For guitar you have a few more options to pick from but I still think Line6 is one of the best brands out there.

The NeuralDSP Quad Cortex is high-end gear, I think you can compare it with a Kemper. Absolutely amazing but also very expensive. NeuralDSP also creates one of the best plugins on the market for guitar and bass (I own the Darkglass ultra and Nolly plugin). They recently launched a new plugin based on Gojira modelled by Joe Duplantier. :heart_eyes:

That said it’s also interesting to play multi-fx via your daw. I personally like both options.

2 Likes

Ye iv been looking at the hx stomp more and was thinking the same thing really cut out the process of getting a cheaper multi effects unit, decide i want something better, spend a fortune on pedals and hours learning about them… Instead buy a helix and get to the end process quicker. I have been thinking of selling my amps to help pay for it and just using the stomp. I dont have to buy extra gear for my guitar either cause its for bass and guitar which opens up more options, also its an audio interface and that would save me moneyas wellbut ill have to look into that.

2 Likes

@howard I just wanted to ask u about the pod go… I was just wandering if it is better than the stomp. Iv seen it cheaper as well. It is an audio interface as well, you can do irs with it… Just wondered what your thoughts were on it… Thanks

1 Like

I don’t know anything about the PODs really - I’d ask @terb :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok sorry @howard i thinking it another helix product it line 6 isnt it doh lol.

1 Like

@T_dub: Scamazon, twice as expensive and three times as late.

wow, shocker. and I don’t mean pink and stink

1 Like