Upright Bass Fans? Players? Let's hang

Yeah, that’s awesome bass playing right there!

3 Likes

Such an unbelievable player.
HE IS THE BASS.

I tried to play this once with a piano player.
It was really really hard.

5 Likes

Day-um… what haven’t you played??? :wink:

4 Likes

Amazing. And yes, rick’s got the whole will you shut the hell up Scott Devine thing going on. Edit: although the tribute to the past players at the end was touching, nicely done.

5 Likes

Pam are you taking any upright specific lessons or just figuring it out on your own?

3 Likes

Yes, I’m taking the Bowing Technique Course and the Jazz Bowing Course on DiscoverDoubleBass.com. I’ve also watch a few videos on YouTube regarding posture, standing or sitting, how to set the bass height etc. Other than that, it’s just a matter of transferring my knowledge of the bass guitar to the upright.

After I complete those two courses on DiscoverDoubleBass, I’m thinking I might take their Beginner to Bandstand (B2B) Course LOL

3 Likes

Okay everyone, you don’t have to have an interest in upright bass to enjoy this. Watch the two girls as they switch between pizzicato and arco
https://youtu.be/SRIIO408ats

9 Likes

Excellent! Love Mancini’s compositions. Are there any more videos of this quintet?

2 Likes

whoa double-bass hammer-ons and pull-offs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty amazing.
Do not get me going down this habit hole.

4 Likes

I read this, and scrolled down a bit, and missed your answer, and I saw that you got an apology from the group leader, and there were bans issued.
Did you stay in the group, and do you find that most of them there are not A holes?

3 Likes

you are in great company with the brand of EUB you chose.

2 Likes

Yes , I’m still in the group and they are very helpful. There are even quite a few EUB players.

3 Likes

Yes, I noticed there are a couple more. I think the older man is a double bass instructor and the others are his students.

3 Likes

Come on in @T_dub

3 Likes

Great, something else to learn

3 Likes

UGGGGG :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

You should at least try getting one just to experience it - they’re awesome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Try one, yes.
Get one… er…urggg…
to try is to buy… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Well, you managed to convince me to use my cramped space to get more basses, so I’m sure you could find a spot :smiley:

4 Likes