Walking Bass

Josh,
Any chance you have done or will do lessons on walking bass?

-Brian

3 Likes

Yes indeed, we’re working on getting some stuff launched right now that’s already been filmed, including a series on walking bass. :slight_smile: Keep your eyes on the Free Lessons section! (or subscribe to the Youtube channel)

5 Likes

Great. I will keep my eye out for them.

2 Likes

Annnnd… in the meantime, here is a delightful video to check out. More for inspiration and vibe than anything else. Also also also - if you haven’t checked out Christian McBride - check him out!!! Spectacular player.

3 Likes

Yes, those videos are so cool! Just getting to watch him play up close like that is amazing. Maybe my fav upright player ever? One of the only players I’ve heard who can shred like a beast and still has great tone/sound.

3 Likes

I too am looking for tips on constructing walking basslines.
Can’t wait for your vids to be uploaded @JoshFossgreen

2 Likes

Did the Walking Bass videos ever see the light of day @JoshFossgreen
I had a look on the channel but couldn’t see them
Paul

2 Likes

Haha, oops! You caught me. Those never did come out, I filmed those before we did a bunch of significant level-ups to how we do things, so haven’t made it back into the topic. It’s on the list though!

6 Likes

where ever it is on the list… it should be higher on the list! The ability to move around the fretboard and improvise/write walking basslines is right at the top of long list of things I want to improve.

4 Likes