Song 1 - "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd

If I need to reactivate it on our website @TNKA36, just let me know and I’ll make it happen…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

Hi Bill @Lanny,
I just redirected the enquiry to your website, either way the information was accessible :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

You Da Man dude!!!

Lanny

2 Likes

Seeing everyone’s covers brings me so much joy! The feedback is great too.
I’ll say it again - what a freaking awesome community!
Well done everyone!

(I am only a week and a half into playing, so I think I will attempt this at a much later date!)

9 Likes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uw6-Hy-UdFlZzzmF11GdpJ4uISW9XCFU/view?usp=drivesdk

4 Likes

Ok, so here is mine. To be honest, it took as long as time figuring out how to record this as it did to learn the song. It took me a week to figure out and the syncing still wasn’t great. I’m sure it will improve as I make more videos. This take isn’t perfect, and there are a few clear mistakes, but I’m going to roll with it so I can move onto the next song. This was all done from memory though, which is probably why I messed up a few times. It’s also why I have my grumpy concentrating face on. :slight_smile: Might re-record this at some point when I get better at making videos!

Bass: Squier Affinity Jazz Bass
Bass Controls: All on Max
Strings: Roundwounds that came with bass and haven’t been changed in over a year…
Pedals/Effects: EHX Tone Corset Compressor Pedal
EQ: Neutral

Thanks again to everyone that is on this journey with me. Really cool how many people have gotten involved so far and I’m sure more will follow. Time for me to move onto the next song!

22 Likes

That sounded great @JT! I didn’t see any sync issues.
:+1:

2 Likes

Nice job @JT ,
Great tone and you looked relaxed playing the song.
We are always more critical of our own performance, what we see ourselves others don’t see.
Keep up the good work,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Sounded/looked great to me @JT. I think we all hear things worse than they really are.
Excellent!

3 Likes

Sounded great to me, @JT . . . :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the work that YOU have put into the 50 Songs Challenge !

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Grande finale, @JT! :star_struck:
As expected, you sound great. Love the t-shirt and the dancing along. And well done for not giving up after all the frustrating recording drama.

5 Likes

Bravo @JT! Made it look effortless and looked like you were really having fun. I hope to post mine soon…I am ready (I think).

5 Likes

Well done! Nice themed T-shirt too.

4 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

Nice job! I didn’t notice syncing issues… I’m 100% with you on the “learning to record took more time than learning the song”, but hey, we only have to do that part once. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great left hand. I can’t get my fingers to be relaxed like that. Interesting your right hand and fingers are super perpendicular to the string bed. Makes for a succint sound I think. Great job.

3 Likes

Interesting you sat my left hand is relaxed. It is, but I’m frustrated with it, because I’ve been told by a physical teacher and others that it’s too squashed and that I need to make my fingers go more parallel to the frets. I really struggle with this though. My hands just don’t like that position and I find it highly uncomfortable (particularly when close to the neck). My teacher says it is something I just have to push through and it will become comfortable eventually. So, I try, but when I’m doing a recording, I don’t worry about it as I have enough to worry about. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I only started recently too! Honestly give it a bash! youll have soo much fun!

2 Likes

Howdy everyone!

I finally had a few minutes to make a video (and then my 4 legged office worker started barking in the middle of it!). Oh well, it was my best take yet and worst things have happened. Now on to the next.

I look forward to your feedback.

19 Likes

Sounds good to me, @JDDaniel . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes