Song 1 - "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd

No worries, you’ll get there! You may want to try and angle/lift the Nut/Tuner part a bit more, to have this on shoulder hight. I feel like this steep angle help to spread the fingers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Make sure your action isn’t too high. If you have no idea what I’m talking about then let me know and I can explain that better. Lower action is easier to play, but medium and high action have their uses too. It’s a personal thing.

1 Like

Thanks @JT I’ve had a set up and my action is nice and low. When I first got the bass the neck was convex and had a ridiculously high action, there was buzz on the E just from the vibration of the string and being slacker on the short scale you need a bit of clearance
I might try a standard bass in a shop to see if I can reach but even with her minor issues I love it

3 Likes

Sounds like you are in good shape then. Fingers will naturally get stronger and more flexible the more you practice. Mine still have a lot of breaking in to do. And my pinky still has a mind of its own as to whether it wants to bend or straighten-out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My little finger locks too when im using it alot on root fifths or root octaves its a weird feeling i have to quickly unlock it before next note i need to play. Its uncomfortable but thankfully it doesnt hurt.

3 Likes

Well here’s mine. Life and an Easter trip got in the way but I’m posting! And learning! Everyone’s submissions are fantastic. I think I learn something from each one.

I left the mistakes on there, even after a bunch of takes I still found new places to get lost or distracted. It’s obvious, you’ll see my head shaking when I switch the open strings during the solo.

The other two are coming soon. But I may have to upgrade on Vimeo to post more than a vid a week. This one took 75% of my weekly bandwidth on the free sub.

Gear:
Hondo P-Bass from the early 90’s(?) (replaced pots, stock p-ups)
Killer City Guitars Classic 105s Round wound nickles from CBGitty.com
iPhone SE2020 HD 30fps
Roland Go Mixer Pro
Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass DI as a pre
Sony nothing headphones

Thanks again to @JT for kicking it all off. Like I said, learning a lot. Love it all. Cheers :beers:

(going to have to learn how to embed a vid better)

9 Likes

Hey @dave.kaina,
Very good job on your first cover, a couple small muck ups, the good thing is you already know where they were👍
Love the tone from the bass, the mix was good and the production was also good,
Keep up the good work,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Great job! Few stumbles, but 95% correct as far as I could tell. And you recognized the stumbles which is all part of learning. Love the tone. Love the mix. Looking forward to your next one.

3 Likes

Good job @dave.kaina! I like the tone of your bass.
:+1:

4 Likes

Great job @dave.kaina!
Great tone out of that bass and Sans Amp.

To embed the vid diretly, pick the ‘picture’ icon, then choose ‘From the web’ and insert your link from Youtube/Vimeo that they give you as the direct link to the video.
This is the only way I have found to get them to embed correctly.

5 Likes

@John_E Awesome! I will try that on the next one. Thank you!

3 Likes

just testing…

Edit: yeah, that worked… Just put the link text in the message (on a line by itself, maybe?), and it embeds (at least for youtube and vimeo). Can’t tell you why yours didn’t @dave.kaina, but that’s what I’ve done in the past…

5 Likes

Great job @skydvr!
:+1:

1 Like

For clarity, not my video. :slight_smile: I just reposted @dave.kaina’s as a test of embedding a vimeo link…

4 Likes

@skydvr COOL! Thanks for checking!

3 Likes

Good job @skydvr😎
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Yes, the link needs to be on a line by itself. I think it can’t be on the first line, but I’m not sure.

4 Likes

You da man @JDDaniel!!

Keep on Thumpin’ Bro!!
Lanny

4 Likes

Nice @JT

4 Likes

Wow @Lanny do I actually have to get involved in this thread to hear from you?

It’s great to hear from you every now and then.

3 Likes