Song 1 - "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd

Hey @dave.kaina,
Very good job on your first cover, a couple small muck ups, the good thing is you already know where they were👍
Love the tone from the bass, the mix was good and the production was also good,
Keep up the good work,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Great job! Few stumbles, but 95% correct as far as I could tell. And you recognized the stumbles which is all part of learning. Love the tone. Love the mix. Looking forward to your next one.

3 Likes

Good job @dave.kaina! I like the tone of your bass.
:+1:

4 Likes

Great job @dave.kaina!
Great tone out of that bass and Sans Amp.

To embed the vid diretly, pick the ‘picture’ icon, then choose ‘From the web’ and insert your link from Youtube/Vimeo that they give you as the direct link to the video.
This is the only way I have found to get them to embed correctly.

5 Likes

@John_E Awesome! I will try that on the next one. Thank you!

3 Likes

just testing…

Edit: yeah, that worked… Just put the link text in the message (on a line by itself, maybe?), and it embeds (at least for youtube and vimeo). Can’t tell you why yours didn’t @dave.kaina, but that’s what I’ve done in the past…

5 Likes

Great job @skydvr!
:+1:

1 Like

For clarity, not my video. :slight_smile: I just reposted @dave.kaina’s as a test of embedding a vimeo link…

4 Likes

@skydvr COOL! Thanks for checking!

3 Likes

Good job @skydvr😎
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Yes, the link needs to be on a line by itself. I think it can’t be on the first line, but I’m not sure.

4 Likes

You da man @JDDaniel!!

Keep on Thumpin’ Bro!!
Lanny

4 Likes

Nice @JT

4 Likes

Wow @Lanny do I actually have to get involved in this thread to hear from you?

It’s great to hear from you every now and then.

3 Likes

Well here goes nothing!

I learned the song 2 days ago, Reaper basics yesterday, and tested recording and mixing today. Used iMovie on my tablet to put the still video together (sorry no footage of me playing), but I still have to figure out what to use for video editing. I have no idea what I’m doing, but wanted to post something just to test things out. I’ll learn as I go.

I got the Bass to come through ok with headphones, but not so much through laptop or iPad speakers.

I had a great time putting this together. Deviated a bit from the sheet music and just had fun. Hope that’s ok.

https://youtu.be/iUYp_t6DJe8

12 Likes

Great job, and great tone. I’d say you’re figuring it out well so far…

Of course. Make it your own. Nicely done!

5 Likes

Very nicely done @RuknRole,
Great tone, right on point and loved the inclusions to make it your own.
They worked really nicely,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Sounds great to me. Well done! The recording seemed spot on too, but I’d just ask to make the bass slightly louder in the mix for the purposes of the challenge. How you have it fits in well if it was going out to the masses though. :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking part. Looking forward to your next one!

4 Likes

Great job @RuknRole
Good tone, turn up the mix on the bass a bit in the next one.

5 Likes

Very nice

4 Likes