Song 2 - "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Nailed it! Made it look effortless! I love how your bass is louder in the mix than the backing track too. Works better for the purposes of this challenge.

I noticed you had your headphones cord in front of your bass. No issue if that works for you, but I personally found it gets in the way less for me if I bring it around the back of the neck. Didn’t really matter for this particular song and the positions of those notes though. I think you’d also need a longer cord to do this, but hard to tell. Or maybe it works how you are doing it because the cord is short enough to float in the air instead of hanging on the fretboard. Anyway, that’s all that came to mind. :slight_smile:

Awesome job.

4 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36 :+1:

@JT Thanks mate, yeah I had the bass a little quieter but bumped it just a touch so it is easier to hear, can’t hide my mistakes in the mix that way.

Gee the headphone cable, yeah how short it is and the fact it is in the L/H ear piece are the only 2 things that let them down, oh they are ugly but I don’t see them when they are on my head but I suppose everyone can see them now! I think they have rectified both those issues on the latest model. I have thought about buying an extension cable but am worried about losing some sound quality. So yeah the cable is just so short, I can’t put it anywhere else, no interference though, your right it just floats in the air.

Cheers Brendan

4 Likes

Great job @Brendan! Very well played and good tone.
:+1:

4 Likes

Great! Love the tone in particular; it really has that upright bass sound of the original that I’m looking for as well.

5 Likes

Very nice, @Brendan . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Alright, here’s my submission:
https://youtu.be/Sv-7ouZTF-M
Bass possibly still a bit too loud in the mix, but I guess that’s not really a problem, given the fact that it’s supposed to be all about that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Not a perfect cover, but all in all I’m quite pleased with this attempt.

20 Likes

Nailed it @Mike_NL :hammer:
Good tone and performance!
:+1:

4 Likes

Not at all too loud, @Mike_NL . . . :wink:

Great job!

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Nicely played :slight_smile:

Is it just me or is your E string louder than the A string?

3 Likes

Well done! I think you hit everything when you should have. I know it’s hard to keep an eye on the tab and your fretting hand and hit the notes when you should, but I did notice your pinky kept wanting to creep up the neck further from the fret sometimes.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 13.35.21

Just something to watch out for in the future if you weren’t aware of it happening. Minor thing though that will improve over time as long as you are catching it when it happens. This is nothing to worry about, but just like to give people something to work on. I do this myself a lot as my hands aren’t that flexible yet! It happens to me the most when going between a stretch with my pointer finger on a lower note and then the pinky to a higher note 4 or so frets away. I have to shift my thumb sometimes to fret it where I should be.

5 Likes

No, I noticed that too… Either plucking inconsistency or pickup height, I think. I’ll need to look into that.

I had not noticed that. Thanks for the tip!

6 Likes

@Brendan excellent job, love the tone!

5 Likes

Fantastic @Mike_NL

Dang, we are going to need harder songs, great group here!

5 Likes

Don’t worry, they will get harder. :slight_smile: And now the 51st song is Hysteria by Muse. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Be careful what you wish for…

6 Likes

Looking good, in deed making it look easy @Brendan and @Mike_NL, not easy for me though :crazy_face: so it’s ok if we take it easy on the difficulty for now :wink:

9 Likes

Ive literally only just started module 7 on B2B, but have really enjoyed playing (well, attempting to play) these last two songs. I could really get into a rhythm with this one, eventually got the tricky DADG’s, but always slip up on the last 4 bars lol. So happy to be a part of this. Practice makes perfect!

6 Likes

That’s great to hear that you are enjoying it. Well done for giving them a go. This one is definitely a bit tricky with the eighth note parts, but it’s certainly achievable with practice as you say. Hope you stick with it. I’m finding it a great experience too.

3 Likes

(second try, fixing the link)
Here is my version:
Audio Link #2

Sorry for being MIA, a little busy with Passover, family, work.
You know, life: This thing that gets between me and my bass…

Haven’t had a chance to read the thread or listen to any of the posts. Had to put the kids in front of a movie so I can go record, but I don’t want to fall behind on the challenge.
Still haven’t figured out an easy and fast way to remove the lag from video so audio it is for now. (Been trying OBS and Lightworks but I just don’t have time to fiddle)

Cheers, and I hope to get more involved again soon.

10 Likes

tried to listen but I got this…

1 Like