Song 2 - "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Don’t worry, they will get harder. :slight_smile: And now the 51st song is Hysteria by Muse. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Be careful what you wish for…

6 Likes

Looking good, in deed making it look easy @Brendan and @Mike_NL, not easy for me though :crazy_face: so it’s ok if we take it easy on the difficulty for now :wink:

9 Likes

Ive literally only just started module 7 on B2B, but have really enjoyed playing (well, attempting to play) these last two songs. I could really get into a rhythm with this one, eventually got the tricky DADG’s, but always slip up on the last 4 bars lol. So happy to be a part of this. Practice makes perfect!

6 Likes

That’s great to hear that you are enjoying it. Well done for giving them a go. This one is definitely a bit tricky with the eighth note parts, but it’s certainly achievable with practice as you say. Hope you stick with it. I’m finding it a great experience too.

3 Likes

(second try, fixing the link)
Here is my version:
Audio Link #2

Sorry for being MIA, a little busy with Passover, family, work.
You know, life: This thing that gets between me and my bass…

Haven’t had a chance to read the thread or listen to any of the posts. Had to put the kids in front of a movie so I can go record, but I don’t want to fall behind on the challenge.
Still haven’t figured out an easy and fast way to remove the lag from video so audio it is for now. (Been trying OBS and Lightworks but I just don’t have time to fiddle)

Cheers, and I hope to get more involved again soon.

10 Likes

tried to listen but I got this…

1 Like

Me too.

Very nice @Mike_NL,
Right on point👍, the mix was very good.
I like the way you really focus on emphasising the notes with your fretting hand, it really makes the notes clear.
My bass teacher taught me the same way, it’s a minor thing that really has a big impact👍
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Tried fixing the link, can you let me know if it works?
(it always works for me of course… :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Works! You sound GREAT! @y.farkash.
sitting very good in the mix too.
Well done.

2 Likes

@Brendan @Mike_NL @y.farkash - great job, all. Killed it. Cheers.

3 Likes

Love the ending, fits really well with the song.
Sounds great, not sure what blunders you referred to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you use the same backing track that was shared here? It sounds like a slightly different recording of the song. I like it a lot better!
Love the video, LOVE the tone!
You feel a bit ahead of the beat at times, that’s all.

1 Like

For sure this is your setup, the delay is consistently there and you look way to relaxed and in the tune for this to be you.
I gave up on recording video for the time being because I can’t get the delay under control, so I am using Audacity for audio only. I have the one track for the backing track, and one audio track taking the input from my DAI.

Check your monitoring setup. I found that if I set up the software to monitor my bass through the computer sound output the delay is too great, so I use the “direct monitor” on my DAI to monitor the bass, and the software is set to send the backing track to be monitored via the DAI as well, so I hear both from the DAI monitoring output.

3 Likes

The simplest way I can get this to work for me is to record the audio into the DAW (in my case Garage Band) and run my Iphone to record the video at the same time.

I then import the video file and sound file into Imovie and drag the sound file around until it somewhat syncs up with the video. I reduce the sound from the Iphone movie file to zero so I don’t get any delay / poor audio from the tiny in built phone mic. I’m sure there’s a more efficient way but it currently works and I can spend more time playing and less time learning software.

4 Likes

Hi @y.farkash,
Nice job, good tone and nicely mixed,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Thanks, I might just try this for the next one.

I do want to get the video going, as I like seeing everyone playing and I think there is a lot of input I can get from others about my technique that you can’t without video.

Also, it will force me to tidy up a bit!
:joy:

2 Likes

Tidy up your playing or tidy up the house?:grin:

3 Likes

Hi @Barney,
If you are using GB, you instead of recording using your phone use photo booth to record video then drag the audio and video into iMovie and do the syncing in their, that’s how I record all my covers,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes