Song 2 - "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Awesome job again! Couldn’t fault it and your tone and production were on point.

3 Likes

Very nice, @JerryP . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Well done also, Brian @TNKA36 . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

@JerryP & @TNKA36 …fantastic jobs both!

4 Likes

Thank you @JT, @Jazzbass19 and @John_E!

4 Likes

Hi All,

Here is my take on Bad Moon Rising. I made a couple of blunders and I made a couple embellishments. Thanks again @JT for starting this challenge. I’m really enjoying it!

Jay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NraWtr_MvyM

20 Likes

Nicely covered, @TK-421 . . . :slight_smile:

(great looking bass, too! :wink: )

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Great job again! I could feel your inner groove on this for sure. You have a good natural rhythm. My only tip for next time is to try to have the bass louder in the mix. I think you had it similar to the original mix, but since we’re doing this for bass tracks mainly, crank that sucker up. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Very good job @TK-421! Well done!
Question… Does it affect your playing tapping your right leg and moving the entire bass up and down?

4 Likes

Great job @JerryP. I’d say you have an unconventional fretting technique, but it works for you. :slight_smile: Sounded spot on to me.

Also great job @TNKA36 - the only thing I would say is, to me, I just wish the bass was louder in the mix. Points for authenticity tho. :slight_smile:

Great job as well @TK-421 - I like the descending bit you added at the end.

Cheers to you all - well done.

5 Likes

Thanks @skydvr!

3 Likes

@TK-421 great job, love that SUPER DEEP bass tone!
Are those Labella flats?

5 Likes

@Jazzbass19 Thanks, Joe! I’ve fallen in love with this bass; it’s a MIJ Geddy Lee signature.

@JT Thank you! I’ve only been playing bass for 1 year but I’ve been playing the drums for many, many years… so that helps :rofl: Agreed I need to crank up the bass! I always get a little self-conscious when the bass is up too high!

@JerryP Thanks, Jerry! That’s so funny… I didn’t realized that the whole bass was moving like that :rofl: I’m so used to moving my legs from drumming it’s just second nature!

@skydvr Thank you! It seemed like the bass line needed just a little flourish at the end.

@John_E john Thanks, John! I’m using Dunlop flats and I had my bass tone at about 50% “on”; my amp (Ampeg BA-210) was: bass 5.5, mids: 4.5, treble: 4.5, with the “Ultra Low and Ultra High” buttons engaged. I’ve heard great things about Labella flats… I’ll have to check them out!

5 Likes

I subscribe to this!

Great job everyone!

@JerryP loving the Hofner taking its peak behind you

5 Likes

It’s waiting its turn to get into the Challenge.

5 Likes

Nice job @TK-421,
love the tone from your bass and you looked really relaxed and right on point.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

@akos Nice job on BMR! Super solid like the first Week and killer tone.

@John_E Nice work on BMR! I love the bass and the tone. You definitely are getting the Motown sound; love it!

@BigAl Solid take on BMR! Nicely done. I love that bass… what is it?

@JerryP Nice job on BMR! You look super comfortable. Love the bass and the tone… and nice editing!

@TNKA36 Nice take on BRM! You sounded great and it looked like you really enjoyed playing this tune!

6 Likes

Thank you @TK-421!

4 Likes

Thanks, It’s a CB basses "S"30"short scale bass.

4 Likes

Hi Guys,
Please find the link below for the corrected version of Bad Moon Rising.
I wasn’t paying attention to the written music and played natural C’s & E’s instead of the correct Sharpened notes.
So I just re recorded it again using the Stingray, and increased the volume in the mixing of the track.
Its all good practice, :wink:
Hope this one sounds better,
Cheers Brian

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2021/03/25/bad-moon-rising-2/

10 Likes