Song 2 - "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Interesting stuff, @JT, thanks for that!

4 Likes

Nice Job John, @John_E.
You nailed the tone and hit every point :+1:
Not a fan of the song either, not sure if i will cover this one??
i might have a play through and see what i think??, if i do decide to do it, it will only be to encourage others.
Cheers Brian

Cheers Brian

6 Likes

I’m going to try to do all of them, even if I don’t like it. I didn’t like all of the songs in the B2B course, but I consider everything I learn as adding to my toolbox. Might not like the song, but will still get something useful out of it I’m sure. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Yeah that’s how I’m approaching these as well. This song is good for practicing fretting hand muting (if you choose to mute the 8th notes with your fretting hand), and that part at the guitar solo is a nice finger stretch (if you choose to do it with 1FPF, and have small hands like me).

5 Likes

Great job @John_E. The way you played it, it’s hard to tell you don’t like the song. Great tone on that beautiful bass you have.
:+1:

4 Likes

In high school, my guitar buddy wanted me to learn bass, and THIS was the song he tried to teach me. I think I have mental scars from it and now mad I never did learn to play then. Good fodder for a therapist, hahahaha. Behind me now, on to Crazy!

8 Likes

Great job John! Love your surroundings.

I noticed I tend to use mostly one finger also, non intentionally. I think this song lends itself to that technique

4 Likes

Bad Moon Rising. I May do another take with camera flipped so don’t look like I’m left-handed. The sound is a little better this time around. (I hope) Bad Moon Rising (song2) - YouTube

16 Likes

Really well played. You were definitely in the groove on that one! Thought the tone fit very well too. Awesome job!

4 Likes

Thanks, JT. :beers:

4 Likes

Really well done… Im using the tab from that ultimate guitar pro app and my tab looks a bit different to yours, yours looks a bit easier… Will have to look into that anyway. Nicely done!

4 Likes

50 1st song pack from B2B
Using music score from noteflight on BassBuzz Bad Moon Rising.

5 Likes

Very great job and that bass looks awesome!
Great tone too!

The only small thing is I think you may have been just a whisker ahead of the beat in parts. I found myself doing this too as the bass seems to drive the song on with all the repetitive quarters notes.

5 Likes

Thanks, Its my 30" CB short scale “S” bass.
I need to do a better job with, locking in with the drummer. :beers:

3 Likes

Hi @BigAl,
Great looking bass you have, nice tone on this one.
Not bad for a lefty :joy: :rofl: :joy:
Couple of tiny issues with the timing and some fretting hand economy, this will come over time, i am even finding it difficult to lock in at exactly the right time.
It is hard to lock in at the exact right time as the bass is not as prominent on the recording.
keep up the good work,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thanks,:beers:.

4 Likes

Great job, @BigAl . . . :slight_smile:

Also left you a thumbs up on the Tube!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

3 Likes

Good job @BigAl! Good tone and cool looking bass!
:+1:

5 Likes

Thanks Jerry, my short scale CB bass.:beers:

5 Likes