What do you consider the worst bass line you have ever heard?

:rofl:

Anything played with a synth

haha, Yeah No. Danger Zone is classic 80’s synth bass line. Synth bass is it’s own thing.

Those bands should be ashamed releasing awesome songs. :joy:

It’s always the whole package that counts imo. Sometimes a different type of bassline fits well in the mix. Unless you play at the world stage I wouldn’t dare commenting on something that I will never be able to achieve.

That …Justice for all comment was gold tho :ok_hand::joy:

2 Likes

lolwut?

Sorry, synths deliver basslines just fine. In fact are way better suited for it than our beloved bass guitars, for some genres.

In fact - I hate to say this, but when I think “what are the best basslines I can think of?” - most of them are synths.

2 Likes

that’s not a problem, basses and bass synths are very complementary instruments I think, they both work fine in a different territory. I love both.

2 Likes

Yep me too. Even if a synth is sequencing the bassline there’s still great roles for the bass guitar in the song.

1 Like

Can’t actually think of any basslines I don’t like off the top of my head, but I think one of the worst crimes against basslines (similar to the Metallica album case) would be the recorded version of Don’t Speak by No Doubt - can barely hear a thing! If you sit down and learn that part you’ll see what a frikkin cool bassline it is and I can’t understand how anyone would allow that to be so buried!

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvuL5jyCHOw

What are peoples opinions of the bass line in this song?

1 Like

There are live performance recordings of The Sex Pistols with Sid playing. Someone has made a compilation on YouTube. But he wasn’t playing on the albums.

1 Like

Treason

1 Like

Goes on for too long

I like the basic bassline a lot. The slap into the envelope filter wasn’t my thing so much though.

Mostly that video reminds me of parties in the '90s :rofl:

I agree with @howard some of my favorite bass lines are synth. I’ve got a couple I’m working on right now that are synth bass and the only thing I don’t like about them is that I can’t get a sound that matches out of my bass. I bought my wife a Roland Juno DS88 last year and it sounds great, but I’d rather spend the time playing my bass than learning a new instrument.

Also, No Doubt’s bassist is amazing.

1 Like

The fact that the song is about the breakup between No Doubt’s singer and their bassist may have something to do with that :wink:

3 Likes