What fingering would you use here

Maybe I’m just weird but this seems, to me, to be the most natural way to do it:

3 Likes

Yeah, I would use P for R tho, but that is me, I like using my pinky over ring when I can.
Broke fingers many years ago, ring was the one that healed a little weird, so it is my last finger I go to.

2 Likes

you could do Pinky on E string 1st bar
Index for the transition and first 4 notes on the 3rd fret of the D string, then Pinky on the 5th note (5th fret) and go back to the Middle finger (instead of index) on the 3rd fret for the last note, leaving your Index finger open to make the transition to the A string

EDIT: Or you can switch the Index to the Middle finger after the 3rd note, before the 3-5-3 to be more comfortable for that shuffle, still leaving your index finger open to jump to the A string.

To me, that is way more involved, and just rolling my index finger from the D to A string works, but if you like to use a different finger, that would be a way to free it on the same string instead of waiting for switching strings

1 Like

Any fingering ideas for the below section? The 1-2-4 transition feels very awkward, but I can’t think of a better one.

Tempo is around 75 bpm.

1-1-4-1-1-2

1 Like

Hm thanks, that feels a bit more doable