What is the most fun bassline you play?

“Where is my mind?” is great! Best track off Surfer Rosa.

But I would also say that the entire Doolittle album is also awesome.

2 Likes

That’s a Gigantic statement! :rofl:

2 Likes

Ok Gigantic is good too :rofl:

1 Like

“In the house” gives me a great bass face! For some reason I have the urge to stick my thumbs in a pair of eyes!

Watch “Poor Things” - you are not alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw the trailer a while back, looks interesting!

Any of the AC/DC songs I know. There’s just something effing cool about laying down a rock-n-roll 4/4 bassline to, like, Hell’s Bells, or Have a Drink on Me, or summat.

Matisyahu’s King Without a Crown is a really fun bassline. So is Flowers by Miley Cirus.

2 Likes

I feel like I need to give two answers.

One is for a bassline by another artist. That currently is Down in the Park by Tubeway Army (Gary Numan.)

This can be fun to play on my fretted bass, but is is even more fun to play on a fretless and I think it sounds better too.

The other is for one of my own basslines from our latest Bolsheviks of Madrid album, Shopping Mall. The track is titled Wearing Tuxedos While Wearing Tricycles.

This has become a go-to bassline when I practice or if I pick up a bass to try out at a music store.

I look forward to discovering as well as composing more fun basslines.

4 Likes

This is the first cover I did. Super fun, both Numan’s version and the Foo Fighters cover.

4 Likes

I Can’t Quit You Baby by Zeppelin is another cool one to play.

Obsessed lately with Long Train Running. Deceptively simple, and when the band gets in the groove it’s magic.

I’m the bassist for the band playing my kids’ school fundraiser auction party.
This is the song I look forward to most:

3 Likes

Heavy Metal (Takin’ a Ride)-Don Felder
Hysteria-Def Leppard

Always start a session with Heavy Metal, and end with Hysteria. Hysteria is first full song I learned so I think it will always be in my personal set list, and Heavy metal is just a sweet tune with a fun and easy bassline that makes it a good warmup.

5 Likes

Then there is always Heavy Metal by Sammy Hagar!

3 Likes

It’s on the To-Do list!

2 Likes

It’s really a fun bass line to play. Definitely trickier to nail than it sounds! Covered it about a month ago! https://youtu.be/pkH9Id0SwFw?si=BGVOMOdi3Kdl8-4H

I’m not sure if I have a favorite line, but if I had to pick it would probably be No Rain by Blind Melon. It has such a great groove, really enjoyable

1 Like

Awesome cover!

Nice! Great Cover. Might bump it up to next song I work on.

I gotta go with Led Zeppelin’s “Ramble On”. I like it because 1, it’s such a great melodic bassline, 2, everything is so well integrated, and 3, each member got to show off their chops. I can play the acoustic intro and the electric guitar parts fairly well, and am working on the bass. I have the verse down, but am still struggling with the fast notes on the chorus. No chance of attempting the vocal!

Been working on ShadowPlay by Joy Division. It’s quite a forearm workout!

2 Likes