What is up with all the signature basses?

@Lanny make sure it’s 5 string! Then, start working on a 6 string for @joergkutter :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

@PamPurrs Pam - You do know that it’s called “The Steel Cable UNIString Lanny ‘Golden Gate’ Signature Gut Bucket Bass” for a reason, right?? For you and @joergkutter I would be more than willing to supply you with FIVE Uni-String bass’s, and for Joerg, SIX Uni-String bass’s​:joy::joy:.

9 Likes

Another amazing player, another signature bass. I’m not sure what I like more, Ida’s playing or the German guy’s funny accent :joy_cat: SANDBERG IDA NIELSEN SIGNATURE BASS - YouTube

6 Likes

Gregor is great. BassTheWorld is one of my favorite channels :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Agreed!!

4 Likes

Great interview of Hooky where they talk about the signature bass:

Starting to think the “14 made total” I read was BS. But what a cool bass.

2 Likes

14 total is definite BS; it’s selling for 861 euro in some stores. That’s almost affordable.

899GBP at PMT:

4 Likes

Would’ve been a very strange number anyway… 14… unless it has some special meaning for Hook!?!

And Christmas is just around the corner :grin:

4 Likes

I guess it meant what they had at the store in that moment… “Clever” marketing tactics there :smiley:

4 Likes

Hmm. It is red :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yup! And it says Yammie on the headstock, it has four strings and it is tweaked and approved by your idol… I mean, a bass can’t possible scream more “Howard, here I am!” than this one :joy:

4 Likes

Don’t forget signed :slight_smile:

Dammit. It’s also my second favorite pickup configuration, and active/passive. It looks like a great bass regardless of Hooky Status.

At that price I could almost justify it.

4 Likes

If it is any help, I can’t imagine you losing money if you (dare I say) wanted to sell it again!

Fellow BassBuzzers: a brother in distress needs your support!!!

4 Likes

hahaha thanks for calling in the other enablers :slight_smile:

No plans to trade up my TRBX yet though. And I’m still trying to sell my Warwick.

And there’s still the SR2400APL :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They should extract the anti-corps from your blood stream after resisting this GAS and create a vaccine!

4 Likes

Just do it :joy:

4 Likes

I said almost :slight_smile:

At that price I would still have to sell almost everything else first to swing it in my music budget. Don’t have quite that kind of cheddar budgeted to just drop on a bass.

But it is at a price where I think it is worth the money for sure. Very cool BB.

4 Likes

Here’s my take on a signature bass :joy:

7 Likes

J J Burnel Shuker Carbon lite.
Roger Waters P Bass

1 Like

When I was looking at getting my second bass I was certain I wanted a P-bass. I tried several out, but none of them felt just right. I knew that’s what I wanted, though. One day I happened upon a Sam Ash on my way home from a night in Philadelphia and for reasons I still can’t really explain, I pulled down a MIM Geddy Lee jazz bass. I did not want a jazz bass. I am not a Rush fan. But I couldn’t put the bass down. Fell in love with the neck. I didn’t buy it that day, but wound up ordering one about a week or so later and I still love it. So I have a signature bass, but buying it had nothing to do with it being a signature bass.

6 Likes