What was the first song you learned on bass all the way through?

I like this song… you’re not alone… I’m not familiar with their other work, I have seen Jack collaborating live with other musicians and he seems legit to me… I just haven’t had time to circle to his music
It seems that bands/artists who come up with hits like Seven nation army are doomed, I don’t know what it is but any big catchy song that’s played everywhere (overplayed I’d say) just kills the creator, they get measured to that hit and everything else they make seems blah

3 Likes

Maybe it’s even the pressure of putting out a big hit then feeling like you can’t top it again. I can only imagine that brings it’s own amount of weight with it.

2 Likes

True, Seven Nation Army can get boring, but now I use it as more of a practice tool (like all the other really simple songs on my playlist) for timing and precision, especially if your fingers don’t feel like functioning properly that day. It assures me that I’m not loosing it and actually puts me back on track.

4 Likes

That is actually a good plan :+1:

2 Likes

California Dreamin’ was the first. the Pixies “Where is my mind,” love that song.

4 Likes

That’s what those old ash tray covers are great for!

1 Like

Bodies by Drowning Pool
I learned it their way then changed it a bit so it wasn’t so boring.