What's the deal with effects and pedals? (Also: sound in general)

Wow, that is being VERY GENEROUS :rofl:
Yeah, great unit, but I found the same as most everybody else, not alot of the presets are any good, and many that are good, have similar sounds / qualities.
You did get yours used tho, right?
It is possible you had somebody that made a bunch of their own patches and did not factory re-set it before selling it, so you might fins interesting patches if that is the case

1 Like

I swear if I see another fool demoing tube-sound character pedals into a tube amp I am gonna go on a rampage.

Why yes, that VT Bass DI does sound kind of tubey going in to a miked SVT. I wonder why? :slight_smile:

Even if it is a solid state SVT it’s probably adding more tonal character than the pedal.

1 Like

I actually looked and alas, no, they reset it, but I’ve been playing with it, this is gonna be hours of tinkering and fun

2 Likes

… many, many hours

1 Like

I have already had a few hours playing with it, it is definitely more complex than I thought, but It is fun to play with for sure

2 Likes

You should download ToneLib Zoom, huge help in playing with the thing and better than the official Zoom software. See the OP here:

1 Like

just downloaded it I will try it for sure!!!

3 Likes

I second that, zoom pedals for me are unusable without that software. Makes it a million times easier.

3 Likes

I can’t figure out why, but my Mac won’t let me boot the program, it’s saying it can be verified

2 Likes

This may fix that.

4 Likes

and sadly now the pedal is not connecting the software is saying unable to read zoom b3n presets, GAH!!!

2 Likes

I wish I could help you with this, but I can’t. I stay as far away from Apple products as I can, but there are a few Mac heads on the forum who can help you.

1 Like

well, we all have our downfalls!!! lol jk, I love apple products, I think its the pedal not the computer, but idk, also I realized I’m an idiot I tried 2 softwares, and the second was for the GT-10B…which I don’t have yet…DUHHHHH!!! can you tell I worked 57 hours this week? lol

2 Likes

You can also try the official zoom software if they have a Mac version. They both do the same thing and I personally don’t find much difference between the two.

2 Likes

They both work, however I always preferred the ToneLib Zoom for ease of use.

https://zoomcorp.com/en/jp/news/guitarlab_update/

1 Like

Hmm, never had any problem like that. Try a different USB cable maybe?

1 Like

Right there with you.

When I used my Zoom B1-four daily (which I don’t anymore), I did not have my Imac, I only had my iPad, and sadly there is no app that does the same thing as the software.
one day a guy across the way let me use his macbook to do a couple things. I did a firmware upgrade on my TC Electronic WireTap prior to packing it up and sending it back. our of the box, it didn’t work properly. It worked partialy, but the limited function made it unusable. i decided to try the firmware upgrade and that solved the problem. Stupid that TC E quality control missed this on this pedal (hopefully mine was the only one), but it happened.

anyway, I also did a firmware patch on both my Zoom MS-60B and B1-four so I could get all the extra pedals, amps and cabs that are not on it out of the box.

I then downloaded and installed the software and used it, and turned on the ones I wanted, and played with it in a very limited capacity.
one thing that I could not figure out and am not even sure you can do, is what when you are on the screen that shows ALL the options of the Pedals, Amp and Cab sims, it shows which are loaded on the unit, and which you need to select to load.
Well, I just went down from the top of the list to the bottom, installing away, not really thinking about weather I wanted the pedal I was putting on, I just installed away.
Then when i was getting close to the bottom of the list, maybe 85% of teh way down, I tried to install a pedal, and it said, sorry, your are at full capacity, there is no more room to install.

Now I felt kind of dumb, “Oh, this thing can’t take every model available, there is a space limit, DUH”

Ok, I will remove some of the ones that I don’t want, cuz there is a couple here at the bottom I want. Of course this happened on the first one I did, the MS-60B. I started looking for a way to deselect some of the ones I didn’t like, both that I just added, and also ones that I just don’t want on there that came stock with the unit.
I could NOT for the life of me figure out a way to delete these.
i did not play with it for a long time, but I could not figure this out. it almost seemed like I would have to do a factory reset and just go back and add the ones i wanted, being more mindful of space.
BUT
what about the delay pedals I DO NOT WANT, and some other things that I know i won’t use, HOW AM I TO GET THEM OFF?

Because I spent time trying to figure this out, I never played with the patches much, but when I did, it seemed kind of a pain.
I will admit, I felt a little rushed using the neighbor’s computer and there were others waiting to use it, so, maybe if I sat down and really looked into it, I might find it easier, just have not tried it yet.

But if here is a way to delete effects from the unit once they are added, without doing a reset, please tell me hoe, it would make things a lot easier.

2 Likes

I answered my own question.
Read the manual.
I figured it might help if I had a mouse back then while I was cursing the track pad. Apple trackpads are the ONLY ones I can stand, and actually kind of like them, but I had not used one in years at the time, and didn’t really remember how to Right Click, and you NEED to right click to do what I was having trouble figuring out.
Manuals help to read sometimes. :wink:

3 Likes

Man this is so true. I hate nearly all trackpads but the Apple ones are ok.

2 Likes