Wheel type truss rods

Charvel is made by Fender, in the same factory as the player, player plus and vinteras. Sports a Fender headstock and everything. My point is their factories are tooled to do this, they choose not to

2 Likes

I believe thatā€™s @Al1885ā€™s point.

Fender can retool their production lines to produce whatever they wish, including a wheeled truss rod. It just costs time, money and it messes with Leoā€™s goldā€”standard vintage-y design.

The closest I ever get to anything remotely related to Fender is EBMM and Sterling, so wheels come standard. :wheel:

2 Likes

I give myself a pass because my Fender is a nice modern bass apparently made by FujiGen. They even advertise the model as a ā€œmodern P-Bassā€:

ā€œThe Made in Japan Hybrid II is a series worthy of being called a ā€œhybridā€, as it retains its vintage looks and incorporates modern specs for any player or music genre.ā€

All the luxuries of a normal bass; you know, like not having to unscrew the neck every time the truss rod needs a minor tweak.

1 Like

Yep! Ibanez and Yamaha proved that a big companies can have the entire lines of looks from vintage to modern ergonomics headless types of instrument. So itā€™s not like thereā€™s any kind of resurrections especially on style and features. If tomorrow Fender starts releasing heavy metal styles guitars and bass and a whole host of modern looking instruments no one would bat an eye questioning the decision, in fact theyā€™d say Itā€™s about time, lol.

3 Likes

Man, i love this thread! Iā€™ve never owned a fender bass. In fact, Iā€™ve never even played one. But i have recently been thinking about at least trying one to see what i thought of it, So all of this has helped me more than gas-x!

Thank you to all of you who helped me keep my money. Iā€™m sure i probably need it more than fender.

2 Likes

Not all Fenders have this flaw :slight_smile:

Relatively few in fact

1 Like

Only the ā€˜vintageā€™ accurate stuff has it. So the Vintera range and the other vintage specific stuff.

All the other Mexican and US made range adjusts at the head stock with a hex key / allen key. Super easy to do. It is not an issue.

b28c46b2617cb6acd6c82b8f3bcb6f786050e048_2_375x500

2 Likes

That would be an inaccurate statement. American standard and American pro adjust at the heel.

1 Like

The new ones?

1 Like

So does American Ultra, American Performer, and various Artist models.

1 Like

The older ones I looked at when I bought my Mex P bass didnā€™t have a wheel I think.

When did this change @RuknRole ? Do you know?

1 Like

Iā€™m not talking about a wheel. Iā€™m just saying that those models do not adjust at the headstock. Maybe I misunderstood your statement.

1 Like

Iā€™ve understand I think, they use this goofy tool at the heel.

1 Like

No, it uses a hex. At this point I can see youā€™re trolling the thread.

2 Likes

No

1 Like

Itā€™s one of these. Used for Telecaster slotted-nut truss rods.

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-tools-and-supplies/types-of-tools/wrenches/truss-rod-crank-for-tele/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=2023-01-gp&gclid=CjwKCAiAleOeBhBdEiwAfgmXfx1Jl7V0019wzxGo9MXMfB9tylj6Hzh6i-gWfMrL0h3cbazurrxZpRoCfDQQAvD_BwE

1 Like

I know what @Barney is talking about. Sadly some of the models still offer the Phillip style adjustment especially the reissue.

Yes the newer American pro ii are hex at the heel adjustment.

Fender, trolling guitarists since 1946

1 Like

My saying is:

Fender, you can buy better but you canā€™t pay more

6 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like