When Do You Practice?

@Norman_P_Carmack welcome to the forum :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@robmoylan welcome to the forum

3 Likes

I was on a river trip with a bunch of my American friends a few years ago. I bought along a few bottles of Laphroaig. My good buddy in Montana now hates me. Why? Well he liked it so much he won’t drink American whiskey again and it’s costing him a small fortune :grin: Life is too short for average Whiskey

3 Likes

It’s nice to help people release the burden of money @Barney :joy:

2 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: Hell @MC-Canadastan, that’s a loaded question being asked to a “Georgia Redneck”…!!! :rofl: :rofl:

MOONSHINE!! :rofl: :rofl:

Actually, I do enjoy either a nice Single Malt or a good Kentucky Bourbon… Pair it with a good Cuban or Nicarauguan cigar, and I’m set… :smiley: :smiley:

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

2 Likes

Hell yeah :sunglasses:

1 Like

I prefer a briar pipe with Black Cavendish tobacco, but I get the gist :smiley:

2 Likes

Now pipe smoking just gives me indigestion!
I tried for a while to help keep the midges away while sat up high seats( blinds) but I never really enjoyed it as much as a good cigar

1 Like

Probably because your pipe has water as the cooling agent Mac @Mac :joy: :joy: :joy:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Newbie here! Been practicing bass for about 3 weeks now. My goal this week was to go for at least 25 minutes on 5 days, but I’ve been doing more than that because it’s fun. I’m a freelancer without set hours, so I don’t have set practice times. This week I’ve been practicing bass before I start work.

As far as I consistent practice routine, I’ve had one for guitar and piano since October. (Have been trying to learn guitar and/or piano on and off for many, many years and finally signed up for piano lessons and Fender play during peak Covid.) This is really fking nerdy, but it’s the only thing that has worked for me. I put my practice goals for each week in a spreadsheet (usually 30-50 minutes x 5 days for each instrument) and then use a calendar to track what I actually do.

2 Likes

Have only been learning for a week so far but find I want to practice as much as I can. I will practice an hour in the morning before work , working on just technique, plucking , fretting clean and stretching fingers. Then when home ,2- to 2.5 of lessons . Don’t know how this will change as I progress , but as of now it works and have seen great progress from day one.

2 Likes

Possible forum hijacking!!! Im a scotch fan…”with smoke” not snobbish about single malt or blended. But after ive had a beer…

About practice … trying not to get distracted by this forum and youtube … often not successful.

1 Like