You are the only people that will care

Ah, so more like Peaky Blinders with sheep innards then :rofl:

4 Likes

Amazingly, I’m yet to see an episode of that. I suspect the accents will be different too.

So those of us to the east of the great continent of North America are facing several hours of waiting to hear from @russeisenberg, aren’t we? At least we’re not on the next day already like some people. Is it 2020 yet @howard?

3 Likes

18:28 12/31 here , 5.5 hrs left in the decade :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ha! Glad you didn’t keep us in suspense too long, @russeisenberg :wink:

Good luck with your bass and Happy New Year to you and yours.

All best, Joe

3 Likes

… still waiting for the happy reunion of father and child… I mean, bass… ya gotta get us a pic!!

4 Likes

@PeteP - Scotland is sounding better and better every day. With proper training I am sure that I could handle the Haggis.

Thank you to everyone for your care and concern. I apologize for the delay, I was accepted back into the office today and had some morning meetings, but I didn’t want to let @Gio down so I did make my wife take a pic this morning of me and our newest addition.

Happy New Years to all, may your 2020 be filled with the smooth sounds of the low end.

-Russ

10 Likes

Great pic! :+1:

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice shoes, very rock’n’roll :joy:

1 Like

@terb - Thanks. They are actually my slippers :slight_smile: I was wondering if anyone would notice.

2 Likes

haha sorry for my silly comment, for some reason that’s what I saw first in the picture :joy:

1 Like

All for silly comments

2 Likes

Very nice looking bass, and the bassist isn’t too shabby either. Enjoy your new axe.

Pam

2 Likes

I completely understand. My Music Man Stingray is being delivered this Saturday and I’m trying to work up the courage to tell the wife, she said after the last one that the next big cardboard box that gets delivered to me I’ll be living in. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Damn @rickpalacios1973 - sounds like you got yourself in a bit of a jam!! Certainly feel for ya… Been there several times myself… Here’s whatcha gotta do, but it will take some really good acting on your part…

Take your original old bass and loosen the strings really good. Remove the metal cover plate on the back so that you can get to the neck bolts. Remove the bolts and separate the neck from the body making sure the strings are still strung. Stage the bass as if it just got smashed in half (it helps to have a chair or something laying on it’s side - lamps work too). Start cussing up a storm REALLY LOUD!!

When you wife comes into the room and sees how upset you are (make her feel really sorry for you) and then sees your bass in pieces, her motherly heart will overly compensate for her denial of a new toy for you to play with and you’ll have no problem getting that new Sting Ray on Saturday!! If you’re really good at acting, you can probably also get a little “sympathy gift” to boot!

Laugh all you want - worked for me years ago.

Thing is, after 45 years, my wife’s gotten pretty wise to my tricks so I REALLY have to get creative if I wanna sneak in a new toy…

Keep on Thumpin’!

5 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

I’m sure they are essential for haggis wrangling.

2 Likes

VERY creative idea, @Lanny! . . . :wink:

2 Likes