Zoom effects processors

cool!

4 Likes

That awesome @Fahri . indeed Zoom is a good company.

4 Likes

Wow. That is some great customer support.

Did you ever try using it after the mixer so you could loop from the microphone?

3 Likes

Yes I did! It works great, you have to take mono output (left channel of master out) and connect it with a TS cable (same as your instrument cable) to the Zoom then it loops whatever you bring into your mixer…

We had heaps of fun with it in an online jam session!

6 Likes

I got a used B3 cause this thread just infected me. I was looking for a looper/tuner and the effects and the drum beats seemed to be a good package. I couldn’t imagine needed more than 3 elements and the USB connection seemed like I’d be more likely to use it. What I didn’t notice until having it in my hands today, is that it seems like the control apps that normally communicate over USB cannot do that on the B3 (I’m guessing because of the DAI functionality - you get one or the other via USB?). So the Zoom B3 downloads page doesn’t have any patch software listed…and the ToneLib Zoom page doesn’t list the B3 on their supported page. I’m still just messing around with the effects, so I’m not sure what I’m missing yet. But just wanted to mention this as another difference between the B3 and B3n that didn’t seem to be highlighted in this quite thorough thread already. Though GarageBand hears the bass just fine. Edit: Zoom Guitar Lab didn’t work…but Edit and Share says it can…I’m just wrestling with installing it - might be an unsupported macOS version.

2 Likes

:thinking::man_shrugging:

Nice, but also pricey and only 10 effects.

Edit: ahh it’s 10 NEW effects along with the old faves

5 Likes

Looks like a great piece of kit.
Djent preamp! Woah …

2 Likes

It does look nice, but it’s going to be a hard climb charging more than a hx stomp

4 Likes

Yeah, hard NO for me due to the pricing. Well plus I don’t want outboard effects any more.

I would rather have just Helix Native :rofl:

3 Likes

I agree. How are you liking your Helix @itsratso ?

2 Likes

It’s pretty understandable why helix gets a lot of hype. I was afraid to get a multi effects that wasn’t bass specific but the blend knob makes everything sound good. A learning curve for sure, but really impressive.

5 Likes

Woops looks like there’s already a bunch of discussion about this over in the GAS thread.

4 Likes

I have a Zoom B3 and I like it very much, even though I bought it used and the button that allows for software upgrades is busted haha. I preordered a Zoom B6 but decided to enroll in the Beginner to Badass course instead. I can always buy a B6 in the future :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The new B6 has a balanced out for the budget price of $499! lol

4 Likes

Hey everyone,

I got my B1 four yesterday along with a pair of K240s and I absolutely love it! I was able to plug in my phone and play along with Learn to Fly by Foo Fighters. I was happier and calmer than I’ve been in a long time just jamming along with my favorite band.

Thank you to EVERYONE here for all your comments across the threads. For all the research I did on practicing silently, y’all were the were the most helpful and informative source across the web. This community is amazing and I’m so glad I can be a part of it.

13 Likes

Congrats @Amalgamus. Love to hear what patches and effects you end up falling in love with in there.

7 Likes

My B1Four should be arriving today. Tagging this thread for future reference!

6 Likes

OK, I’ve got it but when I connect it to my PC the drivers do not install so I’m troubleshooting THAT.
I played a bit with it and noted a little Hiss in the background when checking out some effects. I heard that it could be some of the older cabinet emulators. I’ll investigate that too.

4 Likes

It seems USB is the culprit. Same problem on the g1 four.

2 Likes

Yeah @groaner I started out with this unit for about a year. Same issue with noise when using the USB.

I just powered it via an adapter (you have to buy one separately - jerks) and ran 1/4" bass instrument cable in and 1/4" headphone out. With the backing tracks, internet audio etc via the 3.5mm jack on the back.

It worked flawlessly like that.

Any specific questions @groaner send me a message and I might be able to help.

4 Likes