Zoom effects processors

no solution, then ?

3 Likes

For me it would to put my Ipad away, and use my phone to make phone calls
Only solution I know of.

2 Likes

yeah maybe. I’ve been pretty sick with GAS when I was younger, I’m not any more. one case of spontaneous healing I guess.

2 Likes

I am not young, don’t have that excuse. But it is the newness, the excitement to know everything, play everything and have everything now.
And not being able to shop Hands on atm doesn’t help. It will lessen with time, I am sure of that.

1 Like

I just inspected the account I use for those purchases and saw I have to sell some stuff first… @JoshFossgreen will come and collect the last B2B course payment in a few days, so that would send me in the red. :hushed:

So… soon, but not now.

4 Likes

UGH! I just checked my order on GC website. The U-24 is on back order. No date given. I checked Amazon, same story there.

4 Likes

:pleading_face:. Oh no!!!

2 Likes

B&H has them at “expected within 7-10 business days”.
Zoom themselves do not list them as discontinued.

3 Likes

Who is B&H? :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh maaaan… I’m from Europe, and I know them! :laughing:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1244865-REG/zoom_zu24_u_24_portable_audio_interface.html

4 Likes

Well to be fair unless you are in to photography they are kind of a New York thing. But yeah, very old and reputable camera dealer that expanded online a couple decades ago. You could kind of think of Sweetwater as the B&H of music.

4 Likes

Yes, I come in person to collect with a cricket bat. :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Hahah, guess I will meet you with a baseball bat come collection day. Lol

Kidding, I would never, I give this money freely, It was Soooooooooooooooo worth it.:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Anybody seen or know much about this?

Looks like a good pedal and DI option. Way more $$ then the Behringer Bass BDI-21 @howard is using, but for the price of a good pedal or 2, it seems like it can do a lot, with options. I like it, and I like Tone Print idea, is there anything I am missing?

1 Like

Yeah, we talk about it in one of the threads, I think the pedalboard thread.

I went with the EHX Battalion over that (with an Ampeg SCR-DI in between.) The TC pedal seems like a nice pedal, but it’s expensive, and I liked the Battalion better.

The BDI-21 is attractive because it’s a $35 clone of the $200 SansAmp Bass Driver DI. But it’s not in the same league as the SpectraDrive.

2 Likes

Ok, I will look on that thread

1 Like

My very subjective opinion. YMMV

It’s a very cool pedal with lots of versatility. The gain sounded really nice and the compressor was very likable. I didn’t get one because I wasn’t fond of the Tube Drive and the headphone out was too quiet for me to get a clean sound out of. Not that it couldn’t do a clean sound, just not with enough volume through the headphone out. Everything else about it seemed really well done.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I suppose loop it to my amp and headphone out of it? Or in front of my Zoom B1Four and headphones from it?

Idk really, it’s just a thought, I am getting GAS looking at all the pedals, and now that I have my amp squared away… I will just play more bass and try to ignore the evil god of GAS… :joy::joy::thinking::roll_eyes::joy:

2 Likes

I would suggest you look around a lot before picking a preamp pedal. Because there are a lot - seriously a lot - of good ones.

I also wonder about the utility of having a compressor on a pedal that late in the signal chain. That pedal is your DI so often it will be last in the chain, but often/usually you want compression much earlier. I rarely use the compressor on my Battalion even though I don’t use its DI right now and it’s in the middle; I want my compressor right at the start.

Even as an all-in-one pedal, it has some serious competition.

There’s a lot of excellent preamp pedals.

That said, I thought the SpectraDrive looked and sounded good myself. It just did not end up being my top pick.

2 Likes

Another thing to point out - there are some good EQ options on the amp sims and preamps in the B1four :slight_smile:

The amp sims ended up being one of my favorite parts of the B3n. Fun to play with and just kind of leave on. I made a couple patches that were just an amp sim and a compressor.

2 Likes