Zoom effects processors

I’ve never even considered using a MEP such as the Zoom for recording. As far as I’m concerned, it’s an effects processor not a DAI. To my knowledge, I don’t believe it’s even capable of that function. Correct me if I’m wrong (which I often am).

3 Likes

I use my Zoom B3 as a DAI occasionally.

4 Likes

Yes! A digital audio interface was what I was thinking about - confused the terminology! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think there’s an “n” suffix different again? It looks like they took out the USB DAI along with the XLR in the newer one. @PamPurrs

5 Likes

I thought you had a dedicated DAI @JerryP ???

2 Likes

B3n has neither DI nor audio interface, correct.

B3 has both but also has the last generation sims and a somewhat less capable processor.

Both are really cool :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Last week I was in the music store where I had traded in my Zoom B3n nearly a year ago, and noticed it was still there. They’ve marked it down for less than they gave me for it LOL. I’m really surprised nobody here locally has purchased it.
Now (crazy as I am), I’m thinking of going there tomorrow and asking them for a veterans discount on it, since it’s Memorial Day. Never hurts to ask.
That would be weird buying back the same device I traded in, but that’s me LOL.

8 Likes

They are definitely neat devices, especially for the price.

5 Likes

This is the unit I have:

8 Likes

why-not-both-animated-gif-7
I also have a Scarlett 2i2.

9 Likes

She’s back home…

I had traded in my Zoom B3n for some pedals at my favorite local music store, nearly a year ago when I had decided to go the pedalboard route. I’ve been thinking lately about selling off the pedals and board and going back to the simple life of a multi-effects processor.
Last week when browsing in the store, I noticed they still had my B3n (I’m surprised nobody bought it), and had marked it down to less than they had given me in trade. I started thinking about maybe buying it back.
Today, after unexpectedly acquiring a free bass, I was in such a gleeful mood, I trotted over to my music store and bought it. I even managed to talk the salesman (who was unaware I was the one who traded it in) into an addition veterans discount. Two scores in one day!
Here she is, back home where she belongs.

P.S. I didn’t really want my expression pedal back, but he offered it to me for an extra $10 so I got it.

13 Likes

hah, excellent. Full circle :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Now, if I could somehow get my BB735 back (sigh).

6 Likes

Still has your patches on it. Maybe thats why it didn’t sell, everybody knew where it belonged.

If you sell your SVT…
Just sayin.
Dibs

5 Likes

LOL I just put those on there.

Nope, nope, nope, not selling that baby. With the B3n and VTBass I’ve got everything I need.

5 Likes

Good choice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@PamPurrs

Update, I contacted Zoom Support and they redirected me to a local distributor and they are going to send me a new unit and all they asked was a serial number. They don’t even seem to be asking mine back!

I hope the problem was a faulty unit but I must say they already have won me over on customer support!

9 Likes

cool!

4 Likes

That awesome @Fahri . indeed Zoom is a good company.

4 Likes

Wow. That is some great customer support.

Did you ever try using it after the mixer so you could loop from the microphone?

3 Likes