10 Bass Tone Fixes

*** DISCLAIMER ***
I AM IN NO WAY PROMOTING SBL.

This popped up in my email this morning, and I watched it with interest. I thought it worth sharing with my fellow BassBuzzers.
We all know Scott can be annoying at times, but this video is really helpful. I know that @JoshFossgreen covers all of this in his lessons and videos, but it’s always worth revisiting, even if you’ve been playing awhile.

3 Likes

Nice video @PamPurrs. He doesn’t seem that annoying to me.

5 Likes

He’s really a very nice fellow, and knowledgeable bass player and teacher. He sometimes tends to go way off topic and talk about his personal life instead of the topic, which many people find annoying.

5 Likes

I saw this video come up and started to watch it, but I got ordered into the garden to be duty BBQ’er this afternoon, so I’ll have to watch this evening!

6 Likes

Backyard BBQ? Yum, I’ll be on the next flight to the UK. To hell with all this bass practice, let’s nosh!

6 Likes

Welcome anytime @PamPurrs.
:hotdog::poultry_leg::beer:

7 Likes

Well after a ton of sausages, burgers and some chicken, the BBQ is over and I can watch the video :grin:

6 Likes

Sorry @Mark_UK I missed my flight and didn’t make it to your BBQ. I hope it went well without me :rofl:

8 Likes

yeah in my opinion he just makes the things too long. also he’s pretty much into jazz, I’m not a big fan of his bass playing. but of course he is a great bass player, he made a ton of interesting videos, and he seems to be a pretty nice guy. just not the way I want to get informations, in fact.

7 Likes

That pretty much is my opinion. I don’t find him annoying in any way, seems like a cool guy, just not my style and generally not an effective teacher for me.

2 Likes

100% agree.
I do think in a cal years when I am far more advanced, he might be much more effective in helping me further my knowledge and skills. He probably is a good advanced teacher, I think he doesn’t know how to teach beginners very well.
He kind of expects you to be intermediate level when you are starting with him, at least he talks and teaches in his lessons as tho you should know what he is talking about and should be able to follow him.
He seems great, really cool, and he doesn’t talk down to students, and is not condescending at all.
I don’t think he knows that he does that, I think its just not something he is capable of doing.
He is a great bassist, and I appreciate his skills even tho I am not much the same type of music he plays mostly, as far as I know.

Watching the video now, thanks for posting @PamPurrs