10 MORE Gadgets to Make You a Better Bassist (Or NOT?)

@PamPurrs NEVER misses a chance to tell the world how much she dislikes the feel of rounds lol. Not trying to give you a hard time about it, it is good info to continue to share with new players that there are alternatives they might enjoy better… but it always makes me laugh a little when I see another post about the feel of rounds on your fingers. :laughing:

8 Likes

I don’t know what it is about corduroy, It’s been like this all my life… If I just touch a piece of corduroy, I get shivers throughout my body.

6 Likes

I wonder if Josh meant that the metronome watch buzzing on his wrist affected his playing, or just the fact that the watch was on his wrist in the first place. For me it’s just that: I always wear a watch, but I always take it off when I’m playing. It’s not in the way or anything, but it doesn’t feel right.

5 Likes

Yeah, I actually meant the buzzing, not just wearing a watch. But I do prefer to play unencumbered as well!

6 Likes

This isn’t really a “bass gadget” but I’ve found this little guy to be pretty useful for routine maintenance/tightening all around the bass (except adjusting truss rod). Handy to keep in the gig bag.

MusicNomad The Octopus 8-in-1 Tech Tool

5 Likes

Added to… BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide.

4 Likes

Thanks for this @JoshFossgreen. These are some great reviews. I appreciate you getting into the actual use and doing the technical comparisons. It makes this much more helpful then just an opinion piece.

From this and some of the other fuzzy back ground images, I think I see an Orange Terror Stamp, 2 Moog pedals, and at least 5 other pedals I can’t make out.

5 Likes

One of the Moog pedals should be the Moog Moogerfooger MF-101 Low Pass Filter :grin:

4 Likes

Dang @Krescht! Nice job. That was a deep search for that one. :+1:

4 Likes

@eric.kiser, I stumbled across that one while I was searching the forum for information about pedals. The name of the gear sure made it easy to remember, the rest ist just using the search function :joy:

4 Likes

Here are all the pedals on the shelf, for fellow gear nerds: :nerd_face: (note - these pedals are there just cuz they’re the prettiest, not necessarily because I like them more than other pedals that live in other parts of the house)

RedWitch Zeus Fuzz/Octave
Bananana Matryoshka Synth
Moog MF-101 Low Pass Filter
Moog MF-102 Ring Modulator
Moog MF Drive
Reverb brand shaker egg :stuck_out_tongue:
Earthquaker Devices Bit Commander Synth
Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird Tremolo
Boss OC-2 (hiding behind my hand)
DOD Meatbox Reissue (hiding behind my hand)
DOD Gonkulator (hiding behind my hand)
Noble DI

And that’s the Geddy Lee Big Book of Bass to the right of the pedals, it’s so cool. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Trib’s review of the Spark… Spark Amp

4 Likes

Where do they come up with these pedal names! “Gonkulator” is great, but “Moogerfooger” takes the crown as far as I’m concerned :rofl:

6 Likes

Moog has lots of good names!

I think the extreme example here though would be the four decade innuendo-inspired fuzz pedal naming arms race started by Electro-Harmonix. On and on, forever.

4 Likes

@JoshFossgreen,
Is that some sort of ‘Beatles’ artwork on the top shelf?

4 Likes

Here’s an odd one @JoshFossgreen

6 Likes

That’s weird

3 Likes

I tried a Spark (a few of my friends have this amp) and I’ve been pretty unimpressed. it can be OK to practice with a guitar, but it doesn’t work with a bass in my opinion. still a funny gadget for the price, if you play guitar, but there is way too much hype around the Spark in my opinion.

3 Likes

It is weird… but I think I kinda want one. :smiley:

3 Likes

Do you have a hollow body bass?

1 Like