2 new pedals I found

Since I have no current pedals, except a Darkglass pedal that came with my Kraken Spector that is airbrushed to match the Guitar, I decided to see what my local guitar store had. Here is what I found, have not tried them
yet.

4 Likes

Love my AW3.

1 Like

Thats good to hear, I dont know squat about pedals, just wanted to try something to make it more interesting, and better understand what sounds can be achieved.

1 Like

I think the Fender will just do that. Only heard good things about that pedal.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the Downtown Express designed by Alex Aguilar of Aguilar Amps fame?

It’s supposed to be a good piece of kit.

1 Like

Yes, from what I have read.

1 Like

Haven’t used the Fender Downtown Express, but it gets great reviews and has a TON of features. Hope you like it.

1 Like

Im putting off using the pedals at the moment. I want to get someone over that knows and understands more about the functions and can really explain it all to me. Last thing I need is confusing myself more with all this. I have a long way to go.

2 Likes

nothing wrong with either using them or not using them. howevs, you really shouldn’t avoid using them because you don’t understand them. plug them in. turn them on. they make noise. twist all the knobs, it makes a different noise. i’m not being condescending, just pointing out that i think you are overthinking this. i mean, what’s the worst thing that can happen, right? :grin:

5 Likes

Thinking about multipedals, I also found the fender downtown express. But then after watching some videos on youtube, I´m not sure, if the zoom 3bn wouldn’t be the better choice. Any suggestions?

https://youtu.be/xpk4JemAUZ8

2 Likes

it seems like almost everyone here has had the zoom at some point, it’s hard to beat as a starter multipedal.

4 Likes

Depends. The Zoom can do the full chain signal with amp and cab sims included. The Fender is the type of pedal that you put in front of your amp.

The learning curve of the zoom is higher. The Fender is a typical analog pedal. Both are great pedals but I think the Fender has a bigger chance of staying on your pedalboard in the long run.

If you just wanna experiment with the signal chain and different effects, go with the zoom. In that regard the zoom is more multi-fx.

2 Likes

If I were buying a first general use thing again, I’d probably look at the Mooer P1.

A whole kettle of effects. Don’t have to bend over to change the settings. Headphone amp. Bluetooth streaming input for practice track playback. USB for recording, so no additional DAI purchase needed. Optional wireless footswitch control.

The main drawback I can see for some would be having traditional bass style amp and cab sims for headphone use. It’s mostly guitar oriented that way. I’m never so picky about these over headphones though. If I think I suck because I hear too much, I just roll off the high end. Instant good enough bass cab sim.

3 Likes

i have one and like it, but there are a few annoyances. the main one is you have to always have your phone connected to it and if you leave the mooer app on your phone it disconnects and you have to reconnect it. and also it is nowhere near as versatile as a full size zoom pedal, it has far fewer effects and you can’t build as elaborate of chains. not deal breakers for sure, but something to know.

4 Likes

I really enjoy the mini spark amp. It’s my main practice buddy atm

3 Likes

I like that the companion practice app has loop, speed and displays the chord name. I wouldn’t normally look at such a small speaker, but it does so many other things and is so small, why not have it as a headphone amp that could play out too. They’ve also solved the “it’s just too easy to video record yourself” on your phone. I like it.

1 Like

Yeah for sure, it has some fun play along features. I mainly use it with my headphone.

2 Likes

Spark amps offer you a lot of different options, that’s what I love with mine, you can easily reach the sound you are looking for and the quality is really good.

1 Like

Now that I’ve tried both, I chose the Fender Downtown! Of course the zoom is unbeatable for its varieties of soundeffecs, but I love the uncomplicated analog fender style. The overdrive is heavy and you can change from compressor to overdrive or the other way around.

For home sessions I also use the NUX Mighty Bass 50 BT, that has a lot sound modelling:

https://youtu.be/4Wt5w_W1NmU

The combination with the fender pedal works very good for me!

Thanks all for your replies!

6 Likes