50 First Songs 100 Week Challenge

I added a link pointing here under the heading After Beginner to BadAss on the BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide.

I don’t know how helpful that will be but I wanted to add it to the record so people in the future have a pointer for where to go next.

7 Likes

It’s now the 8th-Mar in some parts of the world! Feel free to get started on Pink Floyd’s amazing song “Another Brick in the Wall” if you haven’t yet. We’re aiming to start on the next song in two weeks on the 22-Mar, so you have two weeks to finish this song if you are trying to stay on track. It’s perfectly alright if it takes you longer than that though.

Here’s the thread to discuss Another Brick in the Wall and post videos of you playing if you so desire:

Also, if you the chat sort. We are discussing the song in the #50-songs-100-weeks channel of the official BassBuzz Discord server here:

Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s experience with this song!

3 Likes

@Glitch Per your other thread asking if this is free or just for course members…

To be honest, I hadn’t considered this. The tab we are using is on a restricted part of the website for course members. Because they are copyrighted songs, we can’t really post the tab around (there isn’t a print button on the tab either).

However, if you want to use tab from elsewhere (or stumble across it here) and join in, I personally don’t have an issue with that. I’m in the more the merrier camp. Keep in mind that I don’t represent BassBuzz though.

5 Likes

@JT,
Are you looking for the recordings to have an enhanced bass line or just a regular mix?

3 Likes

Totally up to you. For me personally, I’m going to have the bass a bit louder than the backing track, because my recordings are just for this community. For many people though, I think this might be their first time recording, should they choose to do it, so fine with whatever people do. Even if just playing along to the tab with no backing track, recording on a phone. Still all good!

5 Likes

This is a cool idea. I am really enjoying the classes and just beginning to touch the surface. It would be cool to try this too. Peace, Andy

3 Likes

Feel free to join us whenever you want. I’m having a lot of fun on the first song.

3 Likes

@JT Thank you for doing this! I’m excited to try this challenge.

7 Likes

Yes. This would be great. Having “completed” the course I have lots of understanding and huge amounts of ambition … now I need to get my “flying hours”.

6 Likes

Great idea!

3 Likes

Hi @jonrhodes1000 and welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

This is perfect, and I came across it in good time too. Looking forward completing this challenge with you all!

8 Likes

Glad to have you on-board! Welcome to the forum and welcome to the challenge!

3 Likes

Welcome @NPK!

1 Like

Definitely with a smaller gear section so folks can disseminate he gear they’re using for recording video plus audio effectively! It will be easier than slogging through the other gear posts if it’s “Challenge” focused. IMHO Thanks!

3 Likes

How come I can no longer access the link for the 50 song challenge that has the tabs and all the songs.

Link to Music Notation and Tabs Mini-Site

2 Likes

Were you logged in on the site and own the course B2B?

3 Likes

Yes I own the course and was logged in

2 Likes

Okay must have been a glitch. I rebooted and was able to access. Thanks for the help.

4 Likes

FYI- I’ve intentionally not started the Song 3 thread early as originally planned. It seems like people are getting into a rhythm of doing the songs closer to the start of the next song and I didn’t want the pack to separate too much, so will just start the new threads on the “start date” in the calendar. I think we had a lot of early ones on Song 1 because some people thought the start date was the due date and did it early, or were just keen to get started. So the next song thread (“Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley) will open on Monday the 5th of April, 4 days from now.

Again, to anyone that is taking longer or just wants to do certain songs with us or whatever, that’s totally fine. It’s all up to you.

16 Likes