A first

Headed out for my first jam on the bass…should be OK I anticipate a lot of I-IV-V. Create the groove, maintain the groove…no playing above the 7th fret. As long as I dont get asked “do you know” should be a good time.

12 Likes

Have FUN!! That’s all that matters…

7 Likes

Where will you be playing @Tokyo_Rat? Down in the Honch?

4 Likes

no I’m so confused of where I can go and what I can do and with how many…I told him to come to the office…lots of room, AC, equipment wise my office is better equipped than most of the rentastudios in the honch. I’ll run a drum machine into an amp keep the volume near a speaking level should be a good time. You might know Bill Revak he’s the N2 at NCTS been there forever

4 Likes

if more folks show up we’ll move next door into the conference room

5 Likes

What building number?

3 Likes

I can’t say I know Bill Revak.

3 Likes

C9 right across from the parking garage on command hill in front of the subgrp

4 Likes

I know where you are now.

4 Likes

now you know where to come to…just ask where is the N6 office…thye go, “Looking for Larry?”

5 Likes

Roger that.

4 Likes

Bill is a crusty old retired senior, ran BCO for years came back and took over BCO, tech control, and Network ops…rough as a cobb but a nice guy if he is convinced you are as good at your job as he is at his…he has a low tolerance for folks wasting his time…another reason my shop is great place to jam…home court, can’t kick me out of my own house…LOL

6 Likes

Sorry to intrude… but what is the “Honch”?? (sounds ominous :smile:)

3 Likes

:shushing_face: Shhh

4 Likes

That ominuous, eh?? :wink:

2 Likes

You’ll draw their attention :grimacing:

4 Likes

:boom::skull:

3 Likes

Oopsie daisy… :cold_face:

3 Likes

Well, ???
How did your root-5th go?
Sounds like it was the making for a great time, was it?

2 Likes

it went well, played a few blues tunes, muscled my way through some southern rock and ACDC, gave him solid lines to play over 2 or 3 Santana tunes, did some funk stuff, some Trower. Him being a bass player for decades as well as a guitar player after a while we’d trade off and I’d get to see stuff that works over chords that I wasn’t playing. One thing that was cool was most of the stuff we played I new the guitar to so I had a really good idea of what the bass was supposed to sound like. I’d love to tell you I stuck to the root and the root-5th all day and established myself as a solid no fault bass guy…but I didn’t. I took chances at every turn and thoroughly enjoyed seeing what what worked and what did not while still maintaining a semblance of the groove. Probably could have held back the slap line during Evil Ways but it just called to me…LOL

7 Likes