A little help with my rumble

I Am currently running a rumble 200 with a fender 15 and a fender cabinet with a 15 as well.
My question is, I want to be able to bypass the power section on the rumble and use it solely as another bass cabinet(I want to use a 500 watt amp to power both of them
I’m not an electrician but I have done similar things like this before

3 Likes

If there is an effects loop in the back then you would just plug directly into the return. That bypasses the preamp and eq and goes straight to the power.

2 Likes

I think he means using only the speaker from a combo amp with an external head.
The effects loop won’t do that, butit’s possible if you’re willing to modify it (and lose any warranty it might have).
The simplest solution would be to cut the cable from the combo amp to the speaker and wire both ends to extra 1/4" jack sockets placed on the body somewhere, then you could connect an external head to the speaker jack input, or use a short “bridge” cable like for linking a pedal board, to reconnect the combo amp to speaker.

2 Likes

At one time in my life I am sure that I knew how to do this, but I suffered a brain injury. I have no problem playing(thank god) I can play as well as ever.

2 Likes

@jakub.r.salata makes a good point. I read your question wrong. My solution uses the power section instead of bypassing. It would let you power both speakers from the rumble without preamp or eq. You would need a separate jack to treat it as a speaker alone. Within the rumble combo

1 Like

Yeah I agree, but now I am wondering if I should just sell the rumble, and just buy another cab and a 500 watt head

2 Likes

That seems a better solution. Much more flexibility with different cabs.

1 Like

Plus, you get to buy and sell stuff.

2 Likes